PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ error msg??

Bluboy
02-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I got an error msg. when I launched the Application Loader after attempting to free memory on my 8310. I follwed the instructions from a post that was originally put up on 01-02-08 on how to free memory (can't post link, still new to the site).
The error msg said:

"The application 'Browser' cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications which are not available: net.rim.blackberry.xml".

Does anyone know if it has anything to do with the "vendoor XML Document" I deleted from the app loader file, or if possibly, I deleted something else I wasn't supposed to? I ran the Application Loader Wizard from the app loader folder and from the desktop; no go!

I use vista and had a difficult time editing the "BlackBerry ALX" file. Maybe a problem there?:cry:

Dubdub
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Try wiping your device (make a backup first) and reload the OS.

SteveO86
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't (or didn't) think the BlackBerry holds any .xml files

Which .COD files did you remove the directory? (One of them might be required and need to be put back)

Yes do you have the original BlackBerry.ALX file?

On Vista, you need to save the BlackBerry.alx to a different location after you have edited it and then copy the new version over the original one.. With Vista you can not "Save As" on top of BlackBerry.alx

Bluboy
02-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Figured it out. Saved the "BlackBerry ALX" file as a Notepad doc! Simple fix; worked perfectly.

What's a good amount of memory to keep on the 8310?

siresinc
03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi,
my 8703e, kept rebooting and not starting....I followed one of the treads I found here to reload. Launching with the command propt. no problems loading until the very end and I get this message.

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]

I have tried over and over...with no luck and a none working phone.
I appreciate any help that maybe given. thanks

Michael