PDA

View Full Version : New message notification icon

mikelynch
10-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Recently, with all the changes to the TMO system, a yellow new message notification icon appeared that doesn't seem to correspond to any real messages, texts, or voice mails. I tried a hard reset but that didn't help. Does anyone know of a "Mark All Messages Opened" shortcut that I could try?

John Clark
10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
It's not for Blackberry Messenger, is it? Does it look like a small cartoon caption with a number next to it or is it a mail envelope?

Dawg
10-25-2005, 01:01 PM
a little description of it might help us to help you

tayaran
10-25-2005, 02:57 PM
maybe it is for BB messenger (?)

mikelynch
10-25-2005, 04:18 PM
It is the normal yellow mail envelope with a number to the left of it. Does BB Messenger use the same icon? When I open BB Messenger I get the yellow envelope with a number to the left of it in the upper right corner, but I don't have any open conversations, etc.

Okay - problem solved. Out of desperation I scrolled back through all of my old emails and found an old message dated Sept 15th (over a month old) that had somehow become "unopened." I have no idea how that would have happened, as I know that it had been opened, and I never would have scrolled backwards a month and even accidentally unopened it. Thanks to those who replied. I would still be interested in a shortcut to "mark all as opened" though. Or at least a "select all messages" command.

jscully
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Click on a date, and select "Mark Prior Opened".

John Clark
10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
If it finally downloaded the rest of an attachment, it will show up as unopened again...

mikelynch
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks jscully - I didn't realize "prior" meant "all prior". That's good to know. Unfortunately I just tried the command and it locked up my BB. Guess I have too much old mail.

And John - that may be exactly what happened, as this message did have an attachment.

John Clark
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
It's not locked up...just wait it out....it takes a while to delete that many emails.