PDA

View Full Version : [Help] BB cannot 'see' my DOC files

kyaizen
02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
I've just bought 8900 (Javelin) yesterday - and everything's working fine except that I am unable to make the Blackberry 'see' the DOC files that I copied over.

I dragged and dropped a couple of DOC files from my PC into the "documents" folder - but when I launched WordToGo the software can't seem to 'see' the DOC files.

On my Windows explorer, however, the files have been saved successfully into the Blackberry.

Any ideas, guys? Help!

- Deric

SteveO86
03-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Open the Media App hit the menu key and choose explore, navigate to the documents folder folder can you see the files?

Are they .doc or .docx? If .docx have you registered and downloaded the latest updates?

Make sure then ARE .doc files since Docs To Go will not Open .WPS, .RTF, .TXT, and so on.

If they are .txt install BBNotepad.

rambo47
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I find that I often mis-file documents. Rather than put them into the actual Documents folder I dump them in the general Blackberry storage card. They end up not in any folder, but listed alongside the folders on the media card. So naturally when I navigate to my Documents folder and find nothing there I panic. Using the Explore function from the menu key like SteveO86 said should help you find them.