PDA

View Full Version : BES activation troubleshoot

Ursula
10-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I bought a BBerry in Mexico, and am trying to do the Enterprise Activation but the icon is not available. After reading a few forums, I deleted "provisioning" from the service book and now I see the "Enterprise Activation" icon. The problem is when I try to activate, it just retries and retries the activation but it doesn't go through. My service administrator says the error message she's getting is that the handheld is refusing the activation.
What do I do??? Customer service in Mexico is a nightmare and after 1 week they haven't been able to help.

blistered thumbs
10-26-2005, 12:04 AM
did your admin give you a password? you have to get the pswd via email to activate. as long as this was provided you should be able to go into enterprise avtivation icon and put in your corp email address with the provided pswd and be good to go. i hope you did not get scammed from buying your BB in mexico. good luck

Zro
10-26-2005, 11:43 AM
When you attempt the Enterprise Activation it will send out an email to the address you specified. That email should get to your inbox UNALTERED. Once there it should be picked up by the BES and the activation starts wirelessly if the password you put in is correct.

Have them set a new password for you ('abc' works good) and retry the enterprise activation. If you have access to your corporate inbox that you are trying to activate against, open it up and see if that email gets there and then dissappears in a couple of seconds.

If this is a second hand BlackBerry (noted by you having to delete the provisioning service book) then you'll probably want to go to Options > Security > click the thumbwheel and select Wipe Handheld before trying to Enterprise Activate.

Zro