PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2007 Sync on Vista

jds7jds7
03-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I am trying to Sync Outlook 2007 Contacts and Address Book that uses the Hotmail connector on a Vista workstation.

I am using version 4.7.0.32 Desktop Manager. When trying to setup up the Sync; after selecting Outlook and proceeding through the choices, when you click Finish I get the following error - "Folder is no longer part of the system data or the folder could not be found. "

I receive my email with no problem on my Pearl 8130.

I have seen that other members have had this porblem, but can not find a soluton.

SteveO86
03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Are you able to copy/export your contact from Hotmail via the connector to another folder in Outlook '07?

The desktop manager probably doesn't like the connector, so if we can get rid of the connector it should solve the problem.

jds7jds7
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I can export my contacts to a CSV or a pst file from inside Outlook. Where does the Desktop Manager look for these files? This may solve the contacts problem, but not the calendar problem. I want to be able to keep my desktop calendar and sync it up with my Blackberry on a regular basis.

SteveO86
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
If you get the contacts into a CSV you can import those contacts into the normal/default "Contacts" folder in Outlook so it will sync normally the calendar maybe a bit more trickier.. Not sure how to proceed that one since I've never had to export/import a calendar.