PDA

View Full Version : Setup Question

KJ
10-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about setting up a Blackberry BES system in my office.

I will be purchasing 10 Blackberry 7100r's for the senior management in my company and plan to get a BES server in the office as well.

The reason I'm interested in our own BES server is because data security is a huge concern at my company. So if the BES server resides in my office, I don't have to worry as much about people stealing company information right?

Currently, our e-mail server is hosted by an external company so I'm thinking I will have to move my mail server to my office and then make it a BES server.

Would that be the best way to handle my situation?

If this is the best solution, can anyone recommend a good company (in the Greater Toronto Area) that could setup my current (off-site) e-mail server in my office as well as setup my BES server?

Thanks in advance!
KJ

KJ
10-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Anyone?

Inphektion
10-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Might want to post this in the BES forum but since your email is already off-site (can't be too concerned about security) then why not just use a 3rd party hosted BES solution?

KJ
10-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Might want to post this in the BES forum but since your email is already off-site (can't be too concerned about security) then why not just use a 3rd party hosted BES solution?

Security has recently become an issue at the company, which is why I want to move my e-mail server to the office as well.

I will also post this in the BES forum!

Thanks,
KJ

Inphektion
10-29-2004, 10:58 AM
OK well then you *could* run your BES server on your mail server but I'd recommend keeping them separate...