PDA

View Full Version : Setting My Number on 7100i

GlockBerry
10-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Greetings All;

I finally got upgraded from my old 7510 to the 7100i. Awesome unit! And I am quickly getting used to the suretype.

Now, I have a question about the formats for downloading ringtones.......JUST KIDDING! :razz:

I am actually trying to figure out how to set the "My Number" indicator on the Phone Screen. I know how to turn it on or off, but I can't seem to get my number in there. It just shows as "Unknown". My voicemail works, so the unit obviously knows my number, but I can't find out how to get it to show on this screen.

Any thoughts?

MrAllStarChris
10-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I had the same problem at 1st, but. it fixed itself after a few hours, I turned it on and then off and it was fixed, enjoy the Phone, it's Glorious....*wipes tear away*

jboogie
10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12667&highlight=number+unknown

southwestcomm
10-25-2005, 09:36 PM
All you need to do is call your unit.

mspistivity
10-25-2005, 11:07 PM
8-) i got the new phone yesterday, love it. transfering all my info took all of 3 minutes! like everyone here, getting used to the new type. love the size and screen. the make a call/end calls feature is awesome too. selling my 7520, less than a yr old.

GlockBerry
10-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the thread link Jboogie. I searched and found that earlier before I posted, but the solution in there didn't work for me.

Southwestcomm got it on the money. All I had to do was have someone call my phone. When I answered it and went back to the phone screen, my number was automagically populated. Can't say as I understand it, but it worked.

Thanks to all.