PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Transfering Photos from Curve

BigJames
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I am hoping someone can help me here. We have a corporate Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES -and I have Admin access to it). One of the users in my office has a BB Curve and uses it to take photos for work related issues. He wants to transfer the photos from the phone to his laptop via USB cable, but the phone does not allow it. I suspect it is because of the IT policy imposed by the BES on all phones activated on our server.

Here is what I want to know...and I hope someone on here is a BES administrator...what setting in the IT policy do I adjust to allow USB syncing of photos from his phone? I would create a policy and apply it specifically to this user, but I am not sure which of the many settings in the IT policy is responsible for this...:?

Thanks!

wingrider78
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

I don't have bes experience so I can't offer a suggestion for your specific question, but could he simply email the selected photos to an address he can check from his laptop??

SteveO86
03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Look under the normal security pane in the IT policy section.

There is an RIM KB article that goes over all 400+ IT policies yo may want to search threw that, to find the exact policies you want.

BigJames
03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

I don't have bes experience so I can't offer a suggestion for your specific question, but could he simply email the selected photos to an address he can check from his laptop??

He can and does do this...but it blows our data plan.