PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Problem (Alarm not sounding)

Sephelt
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Apologies up front if I've put this in the wrong place - I'm new here.

I recently (~2 months ago) was given a blackberry 9000 for work and after some initial teething problems we seemed to get on just fine.

However, ~4 weeks ago the alarm stopped sounding. I have double and tripple checked the settings and they are all in the right place (as far as I can tell). It will still flash, and occaisionally vibrate, but wont sound - it will keep doing this and generally flattened the battery until I stopped bothering to set the alarm.

(I can still make/receive calls/emails etc etc usual functionality).

The few times I've tried to check that it works by setting the alarm a few minutes ahead of the current time it has worked (sounding and vibrating). After looking through the forums here and asking some other people, Im hearing that this might be an OS problem. Alternatively, Ive also heard that the transition from midnight to the following day turns the alarm off (due to the OS Im guessing?...).

Is anyone able to point me in the wright direction to get this fixed? It sounds quite churlish, but the absence of a working alarm reduces the utility of my BB enormously. (at least from a "need to get to work" point).

Thanks in advance for any pointers/assistance.

wingrider78
03-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

What about using the task or calender functions to get alarms??? Set a recurring task to go off everyday...

Trimix
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
I had this happen to me before. A reset solved the problem: ALT+(right)CAPS+DEL

SteveO86
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Had that problem on OS 4.2.2 a battery pull fixed it.. After upgrading to 4.5 however my alarm hasn't missed a beat.. Might be a bug in that OS version.