PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Messenger Problem - Help!!!

bkfitz
03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
I just got a bb curve on sprint through work with unlimited data, etc and I'm trying to set up bb messenger with my sister (not sure which provider she is on, but I think its att)... after a lot of trial and error, we were able to get 'connected' but now when I send her a txt, it wont go through, it just has a blue checkmark and a 'D' next to it. She is able to send me msgs fine. What is going on??????

I'd be willing to test it with someone right now if they are avail via PIN etc...

Thanks in advance.

Jadey
03-04-2009, 05:24 AM
Heh, at least you get the D

Have a read through this http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/172008-blackberry-messenger-problem-adding-contacts.html

There are several fixes in there that have worked for SOME people - hopefully you'll be one of them!

Feel free to PM me your PIN, and I'll test with you.

bkfitz
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks... I just figured out that I can use BB Messenger for people that work in my same office (connected to the same BES I guess)... but can't with my sister who is outside... haven't tried it with anyone else outside...

Jadey
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (wap! woop woop!)

Whose PIN did you PM me?

If you can only connect with ppl on your BES, sounds like your company is using a peer-to-peer encryption key.

bkfitz
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I PM'd you my PIN... thinking we could try PIN'ing eachother since you are outside my BES... you may very well be right about the peer-to-peer... my network guy says nobody uses PIN'ing or BBMess here... any concerns about disabling this mode?