PDA

View Full Version : Delete all mail

glooft
10-26-2005, 08:47 AM
I left my BB at home for a week while I was on vacation. Now I have 600 emails in this thing. I sure ain't about to delete all of these one by one. Is there a way of deleting all of the emails out of my BB? Some sort of reset or something?

Martelile
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Go to the top message, Hold the caps key down and scroll downwards with the wheel.. this should select everything, then click the wheel and select 'delete messages'

Could take a while. Maybe there is an easier solution?

NJBlackBerry
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Scroll to the top date.
Click the wheel and select "Delete Prior"
That will delete all messages off of the BlackBerry.

joginder
10-26-2005, 09:06 AM
I did this once where I left the BB at home and came back with a pile of meesages but I did not turn my BB on. First i went to my original email boxes and deleted most of the items from there and that way it did not transfer messages right away.

glooft
10-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I did not know that trick. That will save me tons of time in the future.

Gary

Zro
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
if you have the BlackBerry off while on vacation (for example) and you are on a BES, all your email will pend up waiting for you to turn it back on...when you get back, before turning on your BlackBerry open up Desktop Redirector and purge the pending messages. Those messages will never get delivered to your BlackBerry, but if it's like 600 spam messages, is that really a bad thing?

Zro