PDA

View Full Version : Nextel Direct Connect Number

atobrandon
10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I would like to know if anyone could tell me where to go to add my direct connect number in the blackberry so that it shows up under the status page of the phone. I just want an easy way to get to it in the phone so I doun't have to remember it or have it written down domewhere. Right now it is set to 0*0*0. I called customer service and they told me to go to the status screen and just try to replace it there, but that didn't work.

Thanks,
Brandon

murpheous
10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
haha, call CS again. As far as I know, nextel has to set the dc #

brains613
10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Try a Master Radio Reset. Then, take the battery out and re-insert it. That has worked for me in the past

schmity7100i
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
on the phone with CS for over an hour yesterday, told me that they have a software bug and are working on it????

sheakt
10-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Has someone direct connected you yet? I know that the "My Phone Number" field is not populated until the phone actually recieves a call. Maybe DC works the same way?????

--K

stonent
10-27-2005, 08:30 AM
A master radio reset is done from the security menu. The reset password is 0000
That forces the phone to redownload the services from Nextel (not the same as service books) It basically lets the phone know what you have access to.

stlpilot
10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
If you goto the call log icon on your BB...click your track wheel...you'll see all your calls, then click the track wheel again and select STATUS...it will give you DC#'s, Phone #'s, and a plethera of other info.

Good Luck!!

atobrandon
10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
After the third time talking with CS about this issue they finally gave me the number for the actual blackberry only support line and the guy I talked to said he'd seen the problem before with the 7100i. He issued a "network ticket" to have a tech do something to fix it in the network, and it's working now! :) Thanks for your help guys.