PDA

View Full Version : Hide Contacts

kingcarter
03-05-2009, 05:54 AM
I just got the Blackberry 8900 and I am trying to find a function that will hide some personal contacts that I dont want to be seen in my phone. I got trouble with my girl looking through my phone..:) If no security features are on there are there softwares out there for it?

Thanks

kingcarter
03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
no replys

Thatzmister2u
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
It's all or nothing with Blackberry. Menu>options>Password>enable. After 10 wrong tries it wipes the whole device. You can't protect just certain applications playa.

E-

jsconyers
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
It's all or nothing with Blackberry. Menu>options>Password>enable. After 10 wrong tries it wipes the whole device. You can't protect just certain applications playa.

E-

Well said!

Maybe you could set all of your contacts in your address book under the Personal Category and then set the ones you're trying to hide under the Business Category. Then set the filter to only show personal contacts.

That may or may not work. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle. If your girlfriend is getting upset due to you having a number in your phone, do the right thing and remove the number.

shaanchopra
03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Wirelessly posted

Change the names she won't remember the no.

Jadey
03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Maybe you could set all of your contacts in your address book under the Personal Category and then set the ones you're trying to hide under the Business Category. Then set the filter to only show personal contacts.

You have the only two real options here. No way to hide individual records.

I will now close this thread, to avoid any more non-BB related (and therefore not relevant) posts regarding how to trick your g/f.