PDA

View Full Version : Selling used Blackberry on eBay

jcl.anderson
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi , I am thinking of changing my Bold for the new Curve 8900. If I change my Bold device PIN and IMEI with the new curve 8900 ones at the Blackberry account on my provider's website . Will it released my old Bold PIN and IMEI from the account so I can sell it on ebay and the buyer can re register it on his/her chosen network provider ?

Thanks very much.

dankarlinski
03-05-2009, 08:30 AM
yes. once you change phones, others can use it. as long as it was not reported lost or stolen

jcl.anderson
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi how to released the old Bold from the account if we don't change the device with the new curve ? I mean if I don't want to buy another Blackberry. Thanks

Dubdub
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi how to released the old Bold from the account if we don't change the device with the new curve ? I mean if I don't want to buy another Blackberry. Thanks

Call your carrier and cancel the voice plan, the data plan and your BIS account.

Importspeed
06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Call your carrier and cancel the voice plan, the data plan and your BIS account.

bumping this up as I have a question related to this.

Asking about JCL's situation. I want to sell the bold but I don't want to switch to another blackberry. Say i want to switch to Iphone or something non-blackberry.

How can I make sure the pin will be released so when I sell the phone the next person can use it.

If I log onto Rogers BIS via internet and goto the "change device" section and enter "0" for my pin and save that. Will that release the pin for my bold?

Thanks in advance

MidnightDraven
06-20-2009, 12:23 PM
No, you need to call Rogers and ask them to delete your BIS account. This will then in turn release the PIN and IMEI from you.

Importspeed
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
thanks!

rambo47
06-20-2009, 01:07 PM
As long as the OP's question has been answered I don't consider this a threadjack.
I was using a Bold on AT&T. I have ported my number over to Sprint, but the last device I was using on AT&T was that Bold. Is the PIN now free since my entire AT&T account was cancelled, or should I call AT&T prior to selling the Bold to get them to release it. I no longer have online access to AT&T of course. Had I been thinking I would have switched to another BlackBerry on AT&T (an older one) before canceling my account. That way there would be no doubt. Am I good to go right now?

MidnightDraven
06-20-2009, 01:41 PM
If you can't log in to your BIS account then it doesn't exist and I would have thought therefore the BB Pin would have been released, as there is no account for it to connect to anymore.

rambo47
06-20-2009, 02:15 PM
My thoughts as well, but I've never sold one, only bought. I'm a CONSUMER, not a supplier. So I consume. :oops:
:smile: