PDA

View Full Version : Major Sync Woes...

MelleyMan
03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
OK all y'all blackberry ninja's

I just got the Curve 8330. And it synced once.
I had upgraded from the Pearl. I did the device switch thing and then things got wonky.
It recognizes the Curve as the Pin shows up in the bottom of the DM.
I have tried DM's 4.7, 4.6, and 4.5. I have installed device software, I have established my syncing preferences.
When I start to sync, the computer and handheld start to communicate, and then it just stops... no status bars, nothing. It greys out, and then stops. I have tried battery pulls, Did a handheld wipe and factory reset. I have reinstalled on the PC my device software as well as all the DM's, and nothing works.
Can anyone help?
THank you!!!!! :? :cry:

ndub33
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
What OS are you running on your computer?

MelleyMan
03-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks ndub
I have XP... I should add, that none of these problems presented themselves as recent as two days ago... it just doesn't even engage the process it, starts and then stops. No error messages or anything.

ndub33
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Are you using a hub for your USB connection, or connecting directly to your PC? How old is your sync cable?

SteveO86
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
What are you syncing with? If Outlook which version?

(Outlook 2000 will sync with Desktop Manager 4.2.2 and earlier, Later versions of Outlook should sync fine with 4.3+)

MelleyMan
03-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys...

Interesting cable question its my usb from my Seidio universal cradle. I did pull it out of the cradle and directly into the pc... Do you think I should try the one out of the box?

I am syncing with Novell Groupwise which is a pain in the a** but it has been working fine without any hiccups with the pearl and worked once with the curve yesterday....

ndub33
03-05-2009, 09:00 PM
From a cable standpoint, it can't hurt to try a different one, if you have one availible. At the very least, you can rule out the cable as a possible issue if the problem continues.

MelleyMan
03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
JSanders... you always come through.... what do you think???