PDA

View Full Version : ex tmobile unlocked now rogers need browser help

Pug
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Afternoon all have an unlocked 7105t on rogers network my plan has unlimited mobile email & unlimited on device browsing only i don't know how to get to the rogers browser to use these features called rogers they won't help unless i get bb plan. So what I've done with this sites help so far is updated my o.s to 4.1.0.377 installed opera mini 4.2 set my tcp to apn- internet.com username:blank password: blank everything seems to be working properly only i can't browse anywhere on opera mini it tells me cannot open connection inside or outside your firewall not allowed by your it policy I did the mepd test in the advanced options/sim area and it says everything is disabled and network is inactive so the phone can't have an it policy,could rogers be blocking me. I need to get to the rogers browser please help thanks

jsconyers
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Where did you get the device? Did you get it second hand?

It sounds like you have an IT policy on the device. Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings, what does it have listed next to IT Policy.

ndub33
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the forums!

You will not be able to access the internet without either a BB data plan, or wifi (which your device doesn't support).

Pug
03-06-2009, 01:53 PM
bought it at factory direct refurbish unlocked model in general settings it doesn't say it policy antwhere i did the mepd test at sim card local it says everything disabled network inactive

jsconyers
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Just so you're clear, an IT policy is completely different than being network locked.

As ndub stated, you will need the BB Data plan.

Pug
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
okay I guess I misunderstood previous messages I thought once I loaded opera mini I'd be able to browser, Guess i've got to call rogers back thanks