PDA

View Full Version : Use 7100t as internet gateway for laptop using bluetooth as link

geofgiff
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Let me see if I can describe what I want to do:

You're cruising at 30,000 feet with your bluetooth laptop working in Outlook in 'offline' mode. Creating/responding to email [with email really just sitting in your Outbox, because you're 'offline']. Your bluetooth Blackberry 7100t is off, supposedly to prevent the plane from crashing.

The plane lands safely in Atlanta, you fire up your Blackberry, push buttons, utter magic incantations...

and the email that had been sitting in your laptop's OUTBOX is transferred from your laptop to your Blackberry via Bluetooth and sent via T-Mobile to its lucky recipient.

In short, I want to use my Blackberry as an internet gateway with Bluetooth as the communications link between the laptop and Blackberry.

Any help greatly appreciated.

sinanju
10-26-2005, 09:03 PM
"Internet gateway"? Um... you want a GPRS modem.

Not via bluetooth for now. Someone might discover something new when 4.1 is available. This may be your best bet for now:

http://www.tinyscreenfuls.com/2004/11/use-blackberry-7100t-as-usb-gprs-modem.html

John Clark
10-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Let me see if I can describe what I want to do:

You're cruising at 30,000 feet with your bluetooth laptop working in Outlook in 'offline' mode. Creating/responding to email [with email really just sitting in your Outbox, because you're 'offline']. Your bluetooth Blackberry 7100t is off, supposedly to prevent the plane from crashing.

The plane lands safely in Atlanta, you fire up your Blackberry, push buttons, utter magic incantations...

and the email that had been sitting in your laptop's OUTBOX is transferred from your laptop to your Blackberry via Bluetooth and sent via T-Mobile to its lucky recipient.

In short, I want to use my Blackberry as an internet gateway with Bluetooth as the communications link between the laptop and Blackberry.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yeah, but great scenario....made me feel happy just reading it! :-)

DSS597
10-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I was waiting for a "Mile High Club" reference in that story. Ha, ha. That would have made me feel good.

John Clark
10-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I was waiting for a "Mile High Club" reference in that story. Ha, ha. That would have made me feel good.

even better!

NJBlackBerry
10-26-2005, 10:14 PM
And you could take pictures of it using the BlackBerry's built in camera.

John Clark
10-26-2005, 10:32 PM
...and then easily send them directly to all your buddies BB's using picture messaging.

NJBlackBerry
10-26-2005, 10:37 PM
And beam them through the built in IR.

KonTiki
10-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey Scotty, Beam me Up!!!

What the heck if we are going to dream, lets do it in style.