PDA

View Full Version : anyone elses 7100i on backorder?

AnFbro25
10-26-2005, 09:35 PM
bought my bb 7100i sat. oct 22nd. was on backorder. the say i might see it as late as next monday. orders go out by when u ordered. 1st orders have 1st priority.

post away

GlockBerry
10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Not sure about that priority stuff. I ordered 2 units this week (after your Oct 22 date) and got both of them already. Ordered the first one on Monday and got it Tuesday. Second one was ordered late Monday evening and it got here today (Wednesday). I was pretty pleased with the whole order process on line.

However, I have been trying to get these units from my local retail store since the release date and am still getting the run around from them. Being in a Nextel Partner region really stinks. Local service is non existant. However, ordering on line (from the Telesales number actually) was a quick and painless experience.

I called to verify my order when I read about other peoples backorder issues and the person on the phone said he was looking at hundreds in stock which he had access to on his screen. Odd, but then again it is Nextel. Assume nothing.

faststang911
10-27-2005, 01:21 AM
yep mine is on backorder i love how they let you pay for it and then let you know its on back order

jdposhkus
10-27-2005, 06:51 AM
yep ordered sunday and found out about backorder stauts. No retailers around have any product either. This blows! Especially since they sem to be readily avail in other markets...whats up!!!

Quake97
10-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Yep, on backorder here too.

Joe

Dawg
10-27-2005, 03:50 PM
i just called a store here in my home town they have 20 units between three stores. No problem getting them in atlanta

jdposhkus
10-27-2005, 06:45 PM
i just called a store here in my home town they have 20 units between three stores. No problem getting them in atlanta

Great! I will give you my CC# and my nextel acct# and you can get me one and mail it to me in Massachusetts. I bet we could do this faster than Sprint can give me an ETA on my 4 day old order.

I called three stores today and got widely varying replies when asking about 7100's
One store asked me if I was an exisiting customer, when I asked what difference that made, she told me that they are only selling 7100's as new activations, not upgrades.
Another store saidthey aren't released to the public yet, but to check back in Dec. as they should be out by then.
Lastly a gal who had one in stock and it was being held for a customer that had till the close of business to come and get it. I asked her to call me at closing time to see if he came and got it, she told me she wouldn't do that because that wouldn't be fair to the guy the unit was being held for!!! I didn't even bother to try reason with her.
The thing I love the most is that these people could give a carp less about trying to be helpful... They just say no we don't have them and practically hang up. If I treated my customers like that, I would probably have to get a job at Sprint.

AnFbro25
10-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Great! I will give you my CC# and my nextel acct# and you can get me one and mail it to me in Massachusetts. I bet we could do this faster than Sprint can give me an ETA on my 4 day old order.

I called three stores today and got widely varying replies when asking about 7100's
One store asked me if I was an exisiting customer, when I asked what difference that made, she told me that they are only selling 7100's as new activations, not upgrades.
Another store saidthey aren't released to the public yet, but to check back in Dec. as they should be out by then.
Lastly a gal who had one in stock and it was being held for a customer that had till the close of business to come and get it. I asked her to call me at closing time to see if he came and got it, she told me she wouldn't do that because that wouldn't be fair to the guy the unit was being held for!!! I didn't even bother to try reason with her.
The thing I love the most is that these people could give a carp less about trying to be helpful... They just say no we don't have them and practically hang up. If I treated my customers like that, I would probably have to get a job at Sprint.

lolol

jdposhkus
10-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Fed Ex arrived this morning, bestowing my 7100i. Ihave a friend who runs a nextel repair center was able to get one sent to me. Still no update from Sprintel as to my original order. I like it so far, just need to activate it...

mspistivity
10-31-2005, 10:47 AM
i am ready to scream! i ordered mine fri. the 21st, had it by mon. the 24th. activated it wed the 26th. friday, after updating the browser i have no signal. i swear it's been 3 hours today to resolve this issue. short story, i have to send back my 7100i in the original box or pay $25.00!!! yes, i threw it out but you can bet i will dig through the coffee grinds and send the frekin' box back. AND, it's backordered. whew! i was about to put my 7520 on ebay this afternoon. i hope it is just the unit, a bad unit. i love the phone. if i have to stay with the 7520 of course i will. i can just smell the fight i will have over the cost. this has been a 3 hour morning from hell!

nftyper
10-31-2005, 02:54 PM
I cancelled my order as soon as i got that backoder email. Then i called my friend to see if he had any 7100i's in his store and he only had one, so he's holding it for me, and i will get it today. I should've just called him in the first place, cant wait to play with this phone.

jdposhkus
10-31-2005, 03:08 PM
dont let people scare you about shuretype..it is not hard.

AnFbro25
11-01-2005, 05:24 PM
well. my 7100 will be here. i clicked the option for it to come activated and last night my i860 phone went from saying nextel----> ready. i call nextel thinking i may have forgot to pay my bill. but ended up being they had shipped my 7100i out programed.

teamcrn
11-02-2005, 11:00 AM
i went to upgrade my 7520 to a 7100 and it was backordered..im in no rush though it will get here when it gets here

SomaR
11-06-2005, 12:51 AM
It looks like everyone had to wait atleast a week. I ordered 2 7100i on the 1st of this month. Hopefully I'll get good news early next week. Will Nextel send you notice when they ship your order or do you have to keep checking? I tried emailing them about that and they never answered me back. With my luck I won't be here when FedEx comes. Looks like I need to get my hands on PocketMac I wasn't aware of the BB/Mac problem until I read it here.

BRONXKID
11-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Place my order with Nextel on October 17 through their Telesales 800 number. Called about 9:30 that morning and was told that my order would be shipped late that afternoon (for a Tuesday delivery). When I checked my order status on Nextel.com the order was still pending. Called Telesales on Tuesday afternoon and was told that my order was not processed properly and would have to be reenter. Since it was placed that afternoon it would not be shipped until Wednesday morning (which made no sense to me when they were originally shipping it Monday afternoon for a Tuesday delivery). To make a long story short I received my 7100i Thursday afternoon and had Nextel waive my Overnight shipping charge. I had to BARK just to get them to do that! :-o

europamo
11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
I just had to get another one,some goon stole mine and they shipped it 3 day FEDEX. It annoys me when I used to get phones pre merger overnight, they now say 3 days.

They say the backorder is over, but they are having issues with credit card payments and warehouse issues which are slowing up orders.

SomaR
11-07-2005, 11:46 PM
I called today trying to find out how long they expect to be in backorder and they didn't really answer the question. They just took my order number and said "no you don't have confirmation of shipment yet" (I knew that already). She then said they would contact me via email when the units ship out to me.

europamo
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
There seems to be confusion, but mine was shipped out fast, they just chose slow shipping. I wonder if corprate accounts get priority over regular consumer?
I have a Corp account.

crisambo
11-08-2005, 06:59 PM
We have huge corp account and 7100i ordered on Thursday early PM has not shown up...it's now almost 1pm ET. When package didn't arrive Friday AM as it should have, I called telesales and they told me that the order was entered incorrectly, that it has to be re-entered, so now it became a Friday order for Monday delivery. . . Fedex has delivered stuff already this AM and still no little Blackberry box . . . . and the saga continues . . . .

teamcrn
11-08-2005, 07:06 PM
mine has been on back order for like 2 weeks.. and they have no clue when they are getting any more in...the customer service for nextel sales is in india....they have no f*ckin clue

SomaR
11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
I got an email from websales and they said "At this time the requested Blackberry 7100i phone is currently on backorder and will be shipped as soon as it is back in stock, unfortunately we cannot confirm when the unit will be made available."

europamo
11-08-2005, 10:13 PM
i just received 2 emails saying that my order has not shipped. I have a FEDEX tracking number, and Enterprise sales said it shipped yesterday morning accidently 2 day instead of overnight. Even on the order status page on SPrint.com it has a tracking number but a note on the bottom stating order has not shipped. So I am hoping they shipped a tracking label on an empty box, that would be funny.

teamcrn
11-08-2005, 10:15 PM
well as soon as i get an answer from tmobile i will be getting a 7290..and canceling my 7100i...just cant wait and i relized i need international capabilities

Jophus0124
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I ordered mine from Srintel on thursday around 12:30 ct. last week and I was expecting to get it within 2-3 business days like the said. Come friday the Fedex man droped it of I was kinda surprised to get it so fast. Had it runnung in about 5 mins. with Customer Service. Love it no problems yet (knocking on wood). :smile:

europamo
11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
ya just got my new one today

crisambo
11-09-2005, 06:15 PM
We have huge corp account and 7100i ordered on Thursday early PM has not shown up...it's now almost 1pm ET. When package didn't arrive Friday AM as it should have, I called telesales and they told me that the order was entered incorrectly, that it has to be re-entered, so now it became a Friday order for Monday delivery. . . Fedex has delivered stuff already this AM and still no little Blackberry box . . . . and the saga continues . . . .

Just followed up on my order . . . new delivery date is Friday 11/11 . . . that puts its a week from the order confirmation date . . . What I hate is they do not have the courtesy to call or email updated delivery info. . . . been waiting for it like crazy yesterday and today . . . mainly because user's up my back every minute about it . . .

cire127nyc
11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
according to nextel i'm supposed to have mine by tomorrow. fedex came today and noone was home :( hopefully tomorrow.

SomaR
11-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I now have a tracking number 9 days from placing order, but it states that the information has been transmitted to FedEx and they gave me a delivery date of Friday 11th by 4:30p.m.

europamo
11-09-2005, 09:10 PM
funny thing i noticed tonight, i have some scratches below the outside plastic. I thought something was up also when i saw the nextel sticker on the back put on crooked. check those screens carefully.

EDIGITAL40
11-09-2005, 09:26 PM
whooorah!! i just received my tracking number,supposed to get the phone friday.. 13 days after i placed the order. but f%^k it better now than later!! all the f**ked up customer service and lies that were told to me is forgiven.now i need to know if i can send text messages on it without going through e-mail. can i send regular text messages to any phone number. please reply new 7100 users. let me know if you were able to send text to another cell phone number without usung e-mail address. hope is on the way.... friday!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DC Wuff
11-09-2005, 10:26 PM
whooorah!! i just received my tracking number,supposed to get the phone friday.. 13 days after i placed the order. but f%^k it better now than later!! all the f**ked up customer service and lies that were told to me is forgiven.now i need to know if i can send text messages on it without going through e-mail. can i send regular text messages to any phone number. please reply new 7100 users. let me know if you were able to send text to another cell phone number without usung e-mail address. hope is on the way.... friday!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, was able to select a contact from the address book, click the track wheel, select "MMS <contact>", and send a text message to her Verizon cell phone using just the phone number in the address book. However, was not previously able to RESPOND to an SMS from the same person.

Menceus
11-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I called Sprint on 11/07/05 to upgrade to the 7100i and they told me it was not available for upgrades. Does anyone know if this is true?

EDIGITAL40
11-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Yes, was able to select a contact from the address book, click the track wheel, select "MMS <contact>", and send a text message to her Verizon cell phone using just the phone number in the address book. However, was not previously able to RESPOND to an SMS from the same person.
thanks but exactly what do you mean you"was not previously able to respond to an sms from the same person"? DC wuff or anybody who might know what wuff was talking about. thanks again wuff

Bradhar911
11-10-2005, 07:32 AM
I called Sprint on 11/07/05 to upgrade to the 7100i and they told me it was not available for upgrades. Does anyone know if this is true?

I upgraded from a 7520 no problem.. Nextel charged me a $15 upgrade fee..

Bradhar911
11-10-2005, 07:33 AM

If DC Wuff is talking about the 7520 not being able to respond to sms yes that's true... receive but not respond.. I can respond with the 7100i.. BUT even though the BB data plans say the come with 100 MMS, I just got my first bill. Noticed I was charged for all the non MMS I sent out. I thoughtfully sent 10 messages before my billing cycle ended (5 with pics attached and 5 without.) I was not charged for the 5 enhanced MMS (guessing that means with pics) and but was charged for 5 MMS (without pics). I'll post an update after I talk to Nextel about the charges...

EDIGITAL40
11-10-2005, 08:02 AM
If DC Wuff is talking about the 7520 not being able to respond to sms yes that's true... receive but not respond.. I can respond with the 7100i.. BUT even though the BB data plans say the come with 100 MMS, I just got my first bill. Noticed I was charged for all the non MMS I sent out. I thoughtfully sent 10 messages before my billing cycle ended (5 with pics attached and 5 without.) I was not charged for the 5 enhanced MMS (guessing that means with pics) and but was charged for 5 MMS (without pics). I'll post an update after I talk to Nextel about the charges...
you can respond with the 7100i. okay good. but can you start a sms without someone first texting you? to any number outside sprintel network?

europamo
11-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

7100i is supposed to come off backorder monday according to Sprint

crisambo
11-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Just followed up on my order . . . new delivery date is Friday 11/11 . . . that puts its a week from the order confirmation date . . . What I hate is they do not have the courtesy to call or email updated delivery info. . . . been waiting for it like crazy yesterday and today . . . mainly because user's up my back every minute about it . . .

The reps @<hidden> Nextel are really crazy . . . FedEx just delivered the device this morning . . . a day ahead . . .! In a way it's good as this gives me extra time to set-up the device, since the user was informed that it's due for delivery tomorrow.

EDIGITAL40
11-10-2005, 12:37 PM
can you assign pictures to different numbers like other camera phones and assign your pictures youve d/l to different tasks?

jdposhkus
11-10-2005, 01:29 PM
I was told this in a store...but I have upgraded 3 from 7520...unless they say "not for upgrades" when the supply runs low...

"Sprint together with (ruining) nextel"....

SomaR
11-10-2005, 04:46 PM
I tried calling phone sales first and the guy told me the same thing. They are only offering the 7100i to new customers from phone sales. You have to use web sales to purchase the phone for an upgrade. After I hung up with phone sales I ordered mine from the site. Five minutes later I got the email that the phone was on backorder, but I should have it tomorrow. I placed the order on the 1st of this month.

europamo
11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I tried calling phone sales first and the guy told me the same thing. They are only offering the 7100i to new customers from phone sales. You have to use web sales to purchase the phone for an upgrade. After I hung up with phone sales I ordered mine from the site. Five minutes later I got the email that the phone was on backorder, but I should have it tomorrow. I placed the order on the 1st of this month.

Its hit and miss with CS on the phone lately. I ordered mine over the web, but because they had problems, I wound up having to do iut over the phone with np.

DC Wuff
11-10-2005, 04:57 PM
As far as responding to an SMS received from my coworker's cell phone, I was not able to do it in two tries last week. However, I was able to select "Compose MMS", select her phone number, and send successfully.

It's my understanding that the 7100i can't send SMS, but can receive it. However, I thought you could just hit "Reply" to an SMS, and it would send the response as an MMS.

Regardless, I'm very happy with this device.

Menceus
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
I ordered mine about 10pm last night after I posted from web sales. It says it should be here tomorrow when I checked the tracking.

SomaR
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I just got mine today. This thing is sweet! I was able to use my i860's sim card to transfer my phonebook list. I was told( @<hidden> the Nextel kiosk) That I wouldn't be able to do so, but it worked just fine. Saved me a lot of time.

Bradhar911
11-12-2005, 07:36 AM
you can respond with the 7100i. okay good. but can you start a sms without someone first texting you? to any number outside sprintel network?
You can start an sms first. Not sure about a number outside of the Sprint/Nextel network

Bradhar911
11-12-2005, 07:39 AM
can you assign pictures to different numbers like other camera phones and assign your pictures youve d/l to different tasks?

No. Not any way that I have found.. if someone finds a way though please post!

Bradhar911
11-12-2005, 07:43 AM
I just got mine today. This thing is sweet! I was able to use my i860's sim card to transfer my phonebook list. I was told( @<hidden> the Nextel kiosk) That I wouldn't be able to do so, but it worked just fine. Saved me a lot of time.

Just an fyi for you SomaR.. I was told by Nextel Cs that swapping sim cards in BB's will (1) void warrenty (if you ship it back with the non-BB sim card in it.) and (2) the Nextel system will have trouble seeing your device specifically with MMS. Not that it won't work but you could run into problems. Just relaying what I was told. When I upgraded I swapped my 7520 card into the new 7100i to see if it worked out of the box. no dice! Had to go back to 7100i sim card and sync with the pc...

SomaR
11-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks Bradhar911,
once I moved the numbers I put the original SIM back in the 7100i. I had no problems activating the phones with Nextel. If I come across any problems I know what it could be.
Thanks again

KOCEJA
11-14-2005, 05:52 AM
NRS have them. Got mine. You can even bill them to your acct. $149.99 no upgrade fee (mgr can waive it).