PDA

View Full Version : BIS To BES

TotalTech
03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (VZW Storm, ATT Bold)

I'm starting to consult with a partner and they are on a hosted BES my phone is currently setup on BES is there a link to show how I'd go about adding the BES account to my phone? I'm mobile atm and didn't find anything in a quick search. Thanks

jsconyers
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Are you currently on BES or BIS? The title says BIS to BES but the post says you're currently on BES. The first thing that you need to do if you're on BIS is call your carrier and tell them to provision your device with the BlackBerry Enterprise Data plan.

From there, the BES Admin can do the rest.

TotalTech
03-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (VZW Storm, ATT Bold)

Sorry lack of sleep flying all night. I'm on BIS now. And there really isn't a BES ADMIN they are using a hosted mail with BES support so I'll be setting it up following the sites info once I get a new comp (that's another story,CSA....)

Dubdub
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Why not set up the email in BIS as a POP or IMAP account and save yourself the hassle of BES and the extra cost of the BES data plan, unless you really need near real time email?

TotalTech
03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Why not set up the email in BIS as a POP or IMAP account and save yourself the hassle of BES and the extra cost of the BES data plan, unless you really need near real time email?

I like your thinking I'm just going to use my BIS and log into the mail OWA.

rambo47
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Unless this new company restricts it, you could simply set up the email account as a POP account through your current BIS. No need to face the restrictions that come with BES through an IT Policy.

takeshi
03-09-2009, 08:58 AM
BIS can also integrate Exchange accounts via OWA (again, mail-only as BIS doesn't handle anything but mail).

There are, however, some limitations but it's worth a shot.