PDA

View Full Version : BWC Reconciliation issue with 7100i

martin_j001
10-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey all, I'm having an issue with my 7100i and BWC and I wanted to see if anyone had any input on how to fix it or if anyone else was experiencing the same problems. Since I got the 7100i, my wireless reconciliation has not been working at all. I logged into BWC the other day, as I do about weekly just to check the status of the account and clean up a little, and found that I was using about 75% of my storage space, which is odd since I delete any mail at the end of the day that I don't need. Since looking into it, I've changed and refreshed all my settings and still don't get any wireless reconciliation at all.

Here's my settings on the device for Email Reconciliation:
Delete on: Mailbox and Handheld
Wireless Reconcile: On
On Conflicts: Handheld wins

I have BWC set to enable permanent deletion.

Any suggestions?

teamcrn
10-27-2005, 09:54 AM
even if you delete it from your handheld and bwc.. you still have to set a rule so that your trash emptys every so often otherwise you will use a bulk of you memory

martin_j001
10-27-2005, 09:59 AM
^^Thats what "enable permanent deletion" does for you. This whole process worked absolutely fine with my 7520, it is only since the switch to the 7100i that I am having any issues....

Even after deleting a message from my handheld, then selecting "Reconcile Now", I am able to login to BWC and find the message still in my inbox....its not even getting sent to the deleted items or trash folder....

teamcrn
10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
even if you delete it from your inbox it will still sit in the trash if not deleted..now if its not coming out of your inbox then i cant help you

martin_j001
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
even if you delete it from your inbox it will still sit in the trash if not deleted..

Then why would it be automatically deleted altogether (out of both inbox and trash/deleted items) when I used to force a reconciliation with my 7520? Why are there options to enable permanent deletion in BWC? Care to explain--as according to you, I've never done this before with my 7520, and the option for permanent deletion means nothing at all?

martin_j001
10-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I got it working again...

I ended up having to switch the conflicts setting and allow the BWC mailbox to win. Then, I made some changes in BWC and used Reconcile Now to see if those changes were forced onto the device. It worked, so I switched back to Handheld Wins on Conflicts, and it now appears to be working again the same as it used to with my 7520.