PDA

View Full Version : curve with T-mobile shuts down on its own, this is the 2nd one

fz6yamaha
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

I tried the search but could not find anyone with the problem, first things first, I am working with a BB curve with T-mobile, the first unit got a damage trackball and went back home, the second one they sent out it will shut down while on a call, and restart on its own, which it takes for ever, after a while my user gave it back, it sent it back in thinking that could it been refurbished and got a 3rd unit, which worked fine for about 1 day and next day started doing the same thing.

i thought that could it be a setting on the BES but I got 4 other units working under the same policy and no problems on those.
I heard once that I could put more memory and this could be, not sure about that but i have not tried, there was that problem on 1 of them once and then I was told that changing the sim may do it, NOT true, same issue after all.

Any Ideas?

Thank you all.

jsconyers
03-09-2009, 05:28 PM
This should have been posted in the 8300 forums not the 8700.

What OS are the devices running? Is it possible that this user has a media card in the device? If the first device was running OS 4.2 and the new devices were running 4.5 it may have been the media card causing the reboots. That is assuming this user moved the same media card into each device.

fz6yamaha
03-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I was not sure what model was the curve, no media card on previous or new one, just the sim card, as far as the OS, it was the 4.5.

SteveO86
03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Whats the exact version of 4.5.x.x

Has the SIM card been changed?