PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Date on E-mail

geekyboy24
03-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Morning,

My Blackberry is displaying the correct date "Wed Mar 11" but when I open the e-mail the dates are incorrect. For example an e-mail sent yesterday is displaying under the date Tue 7 Apr 2009. The dates and timezone are correct under the options. I have pulled the battery but this has not resolved the problem. I sent an email to my blackberry this morning and I received it and it is displayed under the correct date but I have to scroll through 7 Apr 2009, 6 Apr 2009 to get to the 11 Mar. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brett

zerog46
03-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Did you do and OS Upgrade. The best bet might be to clear all your emails out.

JerryD
03-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Morning,

My Blackberry is displaying the correct date "Wed Mar 11" but when I open the e-mail the dates are incorrect. For example an e-mail sent yesterday is displaying under the date Tue 7 Apr 2009. The dates and timezone are correct under the options. I have pulled the battery but this has not resolved the problem. I sent an email to my blackberry this morning and I received it and it is displayed under the correct date but I have to scroll through 7 Apr 2009, 6 Apr 2009 to get to the 11 Mar. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brett
The date & time that's displayed in the Messages list is the date & time the message was received by the BlackBerry. If, for some reason, your BlackBerry's date and time were set incorrectly and the email was received after that, the messages would display in the Messages list under the date the BlackBerry had when the message arrived.

I've seen this on rare occasion, but usually after the battery has died and the device's clock was out of sync, but typically behind, not ahead!

geekyboy24
03-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Sorry, do you mean do another enterprise activation? What would be the quickest way to delete all the e-mails?

fernanhandog
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Enterprise Activation should be the fastest way to delete all the email, just make sure to set the date/time before you activate it again.

JerryD
03-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Doing an Enterprise Activation will not delete emails.

Simply go into Messages, then with a Date (NOT a message) highlighted, click the Scroll Wheel or Menu button and select Delete prior. If you only want to delete email from a specific account, do a search that will display only that email and use the same options. Only displayed emails will be deleted.

It's worth noting that the above will NOT delete any Saved messages, even if they are displayed in the list. To delete a Saved message you must have the message selected (highlighted in the message list) and then hit [Del].