PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Error While Browsing ??

mister_bin
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Hello I am one of the BES adminsitrators for My Company and we are experiencing problems with a variety of blackberries (8100 through to 9000 series) for the past two weeks, when our users (including us admins) browse the internet with the Blackberry browser we get Proxy errors it happens on a variety of websites and the problem lasts for a random indeterminite amount of time..

We have done a fair bit of trouble shooting and we have come up with the following. Our web traffic is going through RIMs Proxy servers (We know this because we have googled whats my IP from various Blackberries gotten their IP addresses and then performed a WhoIS on those IPs and they are all registered to RIM and not our service provider (Rogers). We believe that there is a misconfiguration in one of the proxy servers that is causing these problems.

We have spoken to Rogers extensivley and they have concluded that the problem is not with their wireless network and must therefore be with a RIM proxy server. To further eliminate the possiblity of it being a problem with our provides network i tried on my personal Blackerberry which is on a completly seperate network (Telus) and I am experiencing the same problems.

I would like to know what can be done to remedy this situation ? Is it possible to speak with a 3rd or 4th tier support technician at RIM ? Or is this a known problem that RIM is currently addressing ?

Thanks In Advanced.