PDA

View Full Version : what does Passwork Keeper do?

teeoh
03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
it doesnt say anything in the phone help about the password keeper, what is it?

fonejunkie
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
an application to keep and store your passwords...

teeoh
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
ohhh thats useful. thank you fonejunkie!

VIOLATOR
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
It is just that - A Password Keeper.

Set a password to access the P/K then you can store all of your passwords in there. just make sure it is a secure password and make sure you do not forget the password or it will wipe itself and you will lose all your data stored there.

I think many people uninstall that program and install other 3rd party programs in its place.

David

alb123
03-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I used it immediately to keep track of all the different BlackBerry forums I was signing up for when I first purchased my device. It works great! However, like Violator mentioned, eventually I outgrew its usefulness and decided to purchase Ascendo Data Vault...

Chris

SteveO86
03-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I used it immediately to keep track of all the different BlackBerry forums I was signing up for when I first purchased my device. It works great! However, like Violator mentioned, eventually I outgrew its usefulness and decided to purchase Ascendo Data Vault...

Chris

Ditto, Been using Data Vault for over a year, and love it.. It has a desktop counterpart to sync with and it's very customizable.

botham_gm
03-13-2009, 02:36 PM
There is a freeware called keepass, a pretty well-known open source software. It has a BB version as well, and you can transfer files between the two. I have my keepass on desktop for a long time, and I just copied the pw database to blackberry using the SD card. This way I have all my passwords on BB and desktop. It doesn't do online sync, I just ensure that all my edits are on the desktop version.

alb123
03-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Ditto, Been using Data Vault for over a year, and love it.. It has a desktop counterpart to sync with and it's very customizable.

Sadly, I didn't realize there was a desktop counterpart until a couple weeks ago. I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered it! I really try pimping this app upon BlackBerry users. For instance, I try not to carry ALL my credit cards at all times. And with the built-in templates, I use Data Vault to store all my C.C. data / security codes. Health Insurance information, etc..

It really is a lot more than just a password keeper! And very affordable...

Chris

SteveO86
03-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Sadly, I didn't realize there was a desktop counterpart until a couple weeks ago. I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered it! I really try pimping this app upon BlackBerry users. For instance, I try not to carry ALL my credit cards at all times. And with the built-in templates, I use Data Vault to store all my C.C. data / security codes. Health Insurance information, etc..

It really is a lot more than just a password keeper! And very affordable...

Chris

I've slowly been doing the same thing... I've got my cancelled Cards in there since I physical shredded them :)

I think it's like 30 bucks.. Bit on the expensive side for mobile apps but very worth it. (I must confess I got mine for free back when Handango did thier "Free App Friday" which they quickly stopped for BB apps :(

(I have to ask what theme is that in your avatar?)

alb123
03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Its a theme called Calm Curve. You wouldn't believe how many people have PM'ed me or PIN'd me asking about this theme. Unfortunately, as a freebie, I can't remember where the heck I downloaded it. I could swear I found it on berryreview, but Ive gone back to search for it and I haven't been successful. Im nervous if I ever blow up my phone I wont find it again. Its really the only theme I've ever used longer than a week without getting sick of it.

Oh, and back to Data Vault. I'm not certain on the full price of the app - but I, too took advantage of a sale that was going on at crackberry during last November. Got it for like $12 or so....

Chris

SteveO86
03-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Googles Calm Curve Theme and got this one.

CalmCurve 4.5, Today/Today+Dock/Dock/Zen - BlueRoomSolution (http://blueroomsolution.com/showthread.php?t=3407)

Looks like the one you got :)

(Haha, I don't feel bad.. I was close to just PM'ing you lol.)

--

12 bucks isn't too bad, can't beat a good sale!