PDA

View Full Version : 8830 jpg attachments

dcackley
03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I have always been able to open jpg attachments on my 8830 and all other bb phones I have owned. I just downloaded the 4.5.0.135 and now it won't open the attachments. I get an error of "this attachment typ cannot be viewed on your device"

FF2
03-12-2009, 08:44 AM
I've got that upgrade and was able to open the picture of my sister's new puppy. As a matter of fact using the new BBFilescout, I can even see the pictures in the bb's internal memory where I guess they went after I initially viewed them. I'm not sure if I did anything but just opened it.

How large is the jpg? Might it be one of those slightly different ones or too large (whatever that number might be)

akosnitzky
03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
It can also be the format of the picture in terms of size.

SteveO86
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Check, Options -> Adavanced Options -> Applications, see if BlackBerry attachement service is isntalled.

Do you have aproblem with all atachements or just that one?

visortgw
03-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I have always been able to open jpg attachments on my 8830 and all other bb phones I have owned. I just downloaded the 4.5.0.135 and now it won't open the attachments. I get an error of "this attachment typ cannot be viewed on your device"

Try resending Service Books.

firestouch
07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I had the same problem, not being able to see attachments and getting this message.
"This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device."

I have 2 same BB's and send the same email and attachment to both, except it will not work and the other does. I had to look at the applications and the Attachment service was not installed so I installed it, but still it does not work.

Any other Ideas on why this does not work.

Thanks

SteveO86
08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
What type of attachment if you can't view it on 2 BB's then it might be the attachment.