PDA

View Full Version : Lots of arrows on My BB.

Milkman
10-28-2005, 10:00 AM
All of a sudden today, I have a lot of arrows on my BB. I started logging off applications, and it seemed to go away when I logged off of Rambler, but I am not 100% sure that is the cause.

Anyway, I checked my event viewer, and I have like a ton of this:

Name: net.rim.udp
Severity: Warning
GUID: (not important)
Time: (not important)
--------------
RXnp

I searched the forums (and the net) for "RXnp" and "net.rim.udp", and found nothing. Can anyone shed some light?

THANKS!

Dawg
10-28-2005, 04:25 PM
you have pocket day installed?

tru2life
10-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Yea Pocket Day seems to freak out and go into constant access netowrk mode. Sometimes exiting and restarting it work but usually I have to reinstall it.

crs
10-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Download the latest version of PocketDay...

http://www.crossriversystems.com/files/v27/pdp.jad

This issue arises with Nextel and some 7250 devices for no reason. This new version will not allow this to happen, but the comms may stop until you reboot.

Mark

Jase88
10-29-2005, 01:17 AM
All of a sudden today, I have a lot of arrows on my BB. I started logging off applications, and it seemed to go away when I logged off of Rambler, but I am not 100% sure that is the cause.

Anyway, I checked my event viewer, and I have like a ton of this:

Name: net.rim.udp
Severity: Warning
GUID: (not important)
Time: (not important)
--------------
RXnp

I searched the forums (and the net) for "RXnp" and "net.rim.udp", and found nothing. Can anyone shed some light?

THANKS!

If you're on an unlimited data plan, then don't worry about it. It could be something as simple as the blackberry registering a new site....

Milkman
10-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond guys, as I have been traveling on business. I have BBtoday installed, but not Pocketday. I do have the unlimited BB plan, but I wasn't worrying about data charges per say, but more to the point of not being able to receive phone calls/two way communications while there is a constant stream of data.

corey@12mile
10-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Lots of arrows == Lots of data == Lots of $$$

LineNoise
10-30-2005, 10:13 PM
That's the one thing that concerns me with using data. I'm always afraid while I am using messenger or Ramble that someone will try and DC me and it will come up "Busy in data" and i'll miss a call.

It's only happend once, but my secretary is a moron and wouldn't try me again in 10 seconds.

But It's been pretty faithful on phone calls. If I am browsing the net, the calls still come through.

Milkman
11-08-2005, 02:08 PM
The reason calls still come through when you are browsing the net is because once data stops transferring (for a set # of seconds), your phone is open to phone calls. So even though you are looking at a webpage, all of the data has been downloaded, and nothing else is happening data wise.

If you have constant arrows, you never get a break in data, therefore you can't get any calls/2ways.

On a side note, since I returned home from my business trip, the Blackberry seems to have returned to normal operations. I still would love to know what that error was.

ChemBerry
11-18-2005, 07:34 PM
I installed the newest version on Pocketday. The next day I had a problem with constant arrows on my screen. It drained my battery and I could recieve any calls. Happen for a few days, then i removed PocketDay and the problem stopped. I love the program, but i need to fix this problem.
Any suggestions.
7520 with Nextel.
Plus - anyone had problems with PocketDay messing up reoccuring tasks?