PDA

View Full Version : Help with an old 7100g please!

DaveBrendon
03-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey all, this is my problem: I can't connect the handheld to my PC. I installed Vista Home Premium today, and when I plug in the USB it installs software, but when I install the Desktop Software the following occurs - I get taken through to the application loader, and I cannot choose the port the handheld is connected on nor can I detect the port; the bottons or whatever just don't want to work. This has also happened when I was running XP Pro Service Pack 3. I've had the phone for three months now and it's starting to irritate me! :-) Any help with this?

jjmach
03-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Seems like you connected the blackberry before DM were install, usually that cause issues, go to the device manager and check if you can removed the blackberry and then let it detect it again.

Or maybe the USB port is damaged on the blackberry, at that point not much to do, unless you replace the faulty part.

Regards

rambo47
03-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Are you connecting through a USB hub? Sometimes that's a no-no. Restart the pc and try different USB ports on the pc too.

rambo47
03-27-2009, 03:54 PM
It's also possible that there is an old IT Policy on the BB from a previous owner. That IT Policy could be preventing you from a physical connection.

To check, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings and look under Services. It should show: *** no services *** if there is no IT Policy installed. If it says something different, you may need to remove that IT Policy: Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)