PDA

View Full Version : impressions of the 7100i from a 7100t owner

krad
10-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Walked into the nextel/sprint store.

Had to ask to see it, it was not on display.

My review hardware only...

The i is much much heavier then the t version. the phone is also a bit thicker then the t version. The buttons are spaced out, and look like 3rd grade quality.

I am pretty dissapointed hardware wise at the i. don't get me wrong, if this phone/bb came out before the t version i would say it is great. But the tmobile version is so sleak and sexy, and super light.

What are your thoughts?

teamcrn
10-28-2005, 01:31 PM
in the specs its the same weight..and only slightly widder...the keyboard is the same...only diffrence is the anntena

krad
10-28-2005, 01:54 PM
in the specs its the same weight..and only slightly widder...the keyboard is the same...only diffrence is the anntena

I don't even see it on there website.

The keys are spread out like the other models not the tmobile version.

The phone is noticably thicker, it is 1/4 larger then the tmobile version.

i had it in my own hand. and compared it to my tmobile phone.

teamcrn
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
this is the pic of them side by side..7100i and 7105t

teamcrn
10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
specs of 7100i

Services and Applications Available Email
Phone and SMS****
Corporate Data Access*
Organizer
Wireless Internet
Push-to-talk Long Range Digital Walkie-Talkie
Size 4.7” x 2.3” x 0.9” /
11.9 cm x 5.9 cm x 2.3 cm (LxWxD)
(not including antenna)
Weight 5.1 oz / 145 g
GPS GPS-enabled for location-based services
Keyboard SureType technology combines phone and QWERTY layouts for quick and accurate dialing and typing
Dedicated send and end keys
Backlit
Navigation Thumb-operated trackwheel and ESC key
Voice Input/Output Integrated earpiece and microphone
Hands-free speakerphone
Hands-free headset capable
Bluetooth hands-free headset and car kit support
Notification Polyphonic ringtones, vibrate mode, LED indicator
User Interface Intuitive icons and menus
Display Large, bright high resolution LCD color screen
Battery Removable/rechargeable Lithium cell (C-S2)
Battery Life** Up to 90 hours standby time, 170 mins talk time
Memory 64 MB flash memory, 8 MB SRAM
Modem Embedded RIM® wireless modem
Email Account Compatibility*** Integrates with an existing enterprise email account or up to 10 personal/business email accounts
Includes BlackBerry Desktop Software Supported by version 3.6.3 or higher
Works with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Supported by:
Version 2.1 or higher for Microsoft® Exchange
Version 2.0 with Service Pack 2 or higher for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
Version 4.0 or higher for Novell® GroupWise®‡

Handheld Security Password protection and keyboard lock
Accessories Included† USB cable for charging and PC synchronization
Travel Charger
Holster
Find out about other official accessories
Network 800 MHz and 900 MHz Nextel® Network
Works In: US: 800/900 MHz
Canada: 800 MHz

7100t specs

Phone and SMS
Corporate Data Access*
Organizer
Wireless Internet
Size 4.7 x 2.3 x 0.8 inches /
11.9 x 5.8 x 1.9 cm (LxWxD)
Weight 4.2 oz / 120 g
Keyboard SureType technology combines phone and QWERTY layouts for quick and accurate dialing and typing
Backlit
Hands-free speakerphone
Display High resolution backlit LCD display, supporting over 65,000 colors
Battery Removable/rechargeable Lithium cell
Battery Life** Up to 8 days (192 hrs) standby time and 4 hrs talk time†
Memory 32 MB flash memory, 4 MB SRAM
Email Account Compatibility*** Integrates with an existing enterprise email account or up to 10 personal/business email accounts

Accessories Included†† USB cable for charging and PC synchronization
International travel charger
Holster
Network Quad-Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
Works In: US (850/1900 MHz)
Canada (850/1900 MHz)
Europe/Asia Pacific (900/1800 MHz)

krad
10-28-2005, 02:02 PM
this is the pic of them side by side..7100i and 7105t

i am talking about the 7100 not the 7105. 7100t is thinner and lights then the sprint one.

teamcrn
10-28-2005, 02:03 PM
i was mistaken the nextel version is a little heavyer due to the speaker phone but basicly the same

krad
10-28-2005, 02:05 PM
specs don't mean anything.. it says without antenna. What do you think teh antenna is weightless?

take the actual test. If you have a 7100i, goto a tmobile store and see the diffference. Or vice versa. There is a difference.

My true test was to see if i could fit the phone in my pocket and have it be comfortable.

the 7100i is to heavy and bulky and the keys looked like they were half assed. Where as the 7100t keys are of a hard plastic and seem to be designed better.

mho

teamcrn
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
ok..dont know what type of pants you are wearing...lmao but the 7100i fits in my pockets really comfortable.. but that might be a culture thing or since i am use to having the 7520 in my pocket...in any case i think the phones are basicly the same.. and imo the 7100i is better because of ptt

Mark Rejhon
10-28-2005, 02:44 PM
The buttons are spaced out, and look like 3rd grade quality.It's not spaced out, just added a gap between the keys and making the keys stiffer.

There's a very good reason: It makes it easier to type faster, especially once you learn to thumbtype without needing to look.

It is widely known by people who have tried both, that Cingular's 7100 keyboard (with the spacers but "feels" nicer) is vastly superior to T-Mobile 7100 keyboard (better looking but "feels" cheaper). Both are hard plastic.

However, if the 7100i is soft plastic keys, yes it would "feel" cheaper than both Cingular AND T-Mobile. Is that the case?

krad
10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
more like a ruff rubber plastic then the smooth keys of the 7100t. I type all the time on my t without looking at the keys. It is second nature to me.

krad
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
the only think i hate about all the phones is that they keys have the suretype letters on them...

when you try and call a corporation with a dial by name directory it is close to impossible to know what to type on these phones. I end up having to look for another phone.

TXBBUSER
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
To dial by name, just hold the ALT key down and type the letter, then release the ALT key. If the letter you need is the second on the key, then push the key twice before releasing the ALT key. Your display will show you what you are typing. It's easy.

purephase
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
the only think i hate about all the phones is that they keys have the suretype letters on them...

when you try and call a corporation with a dial by name directory it is close to impossible to know what to type on these phones. I end up having to look for another phone.
Taken from here (http://www.bbhub.com/2005/09/29/attention-billboard-advertisers-print-your-number-not-your-slogan/#comments).

"Just hold the ALT key while you're typing in the phone number and actually put the letter in. The BlackBerry will translate it to the proper number for dialing purposes."

purephase
10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Also, the 7100i is slightly thicker because of the iDEN (PTT) functionality that does not exist on any other 71xx model. This requires added hardware for the speakerphone and the PTT button on the side.

Take a look at the differences between a 75xx model and any other BB and you'll see the same difference in depth.

teamcrn
10-28-2005, 03:44 PM
thats what i was saying..but its basicly the same..no real diffrence..to say one has cheaper buttons is being anal...

Dino679
10-29-2005, 05:07 AM
specs of 7100i

Phone and SMS****
Corporate Data Access*
Organizer
Wireless Internet
Push-to-talk Long Range Digital Walkie-Talkie
Size 4.7” x 2.3” x 0.9” /
11.9 cm x 5.9 cm x 2.3 cm (LxWxD)
(not including antenna)
Weight 5.1 oz / 145 g
GPS GPS-enabled for location-based services
Backlit
Hands-free speakerphone
Display Large, bright high resolution LCD color screen
Battery Removable/rechargeable Lithium cell (C-S2)
Battery Life** Up to 90 hours standby time, 170 mins talk time
Memory 64 MB flash memory, 8 MB SRAM

Accessories Included† USB cable for charging and PC synchronization
Travel Charger
Holster
Network 800 MHz and 900 MHz Nextel® Network
Works In: US: 800/900 MHz
Canada: 800 MHz

7100t specs

Phone and SMS
Corporate Data Access*
Organizer
Wireless Internet
Size 4.7 x 2.3 x 0.8 inches /
11.9 x 5.8 x 1.9 cm (LxWxD)
Weight 4.2 oz / 120 g
Backlit
Hands-free speakerphone
Display High resolution backlit LCD display, supporting over 65,000 colors
Battery Removable/rechargeable Lithium cell
Battery Life** Up to 8 days (192 hrs) standby time and 4 hrs talk time†
Memory 32 MB flash memory, 4 MB SRAM

Accessories Included†† USB cable for charging and PC synchronization
International travel charger
Holster
Network Quad-Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
Works In: US (850/1900 MHz)
Canada (850/1900 MHz)
Europe/Asia Pacific (900/1800 MHz)

Dont forget, the 7100i has the 262k Screen vs 65k on T

krad
10-29-2005, 09:01 AM
i made a hardware review. did you design the phone or the buttons? sounds like someone is being a ***** about it.

There is still a noticable difference between the thickness and weight of the phone. period!

Dawg
10-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Yep sounds like you are dogging it out you are the one who used the negative tones about it. You made a review of 5 maybe 10 minutes of fondling it.i made a hardware review. did you design the phone or the buttons? sounds like someone is being a ***** about it.

There is still a noticable difference between the thickness and weight of the phone. period!

cykojoe
10-29-2005, 10:14 AM
I have a 7100i and one of my friends has a 7100t. We put them side by side and they are both just about the same size without the antenna. I examined my 7100i thoroughly and the keys look and feel like hard plastic to me. The screen is much better on the "i" than the "t". My friend said that he would switch to the "i" if it were not for his contract. Two of the other features that I love of about the Nextel BB is the PTT and TeleNav. For those two reasons alone I will keep Nextel for a very long time. Not to mention it is company issued and I don't pay a dime for it!! 8-) With all the features the "i" has, do a couple of ounces really matter?

splacko
10-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm new to the whole BB experience, but I must say that the 7100i is a great phone. Compared side by side with the T-Mo's version, I liked the Sprintel version better. And I've had mine a week yesterday, so I'm going to stand behind the quality of the 7100i.

fliedlice
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
I dont care what none of yall say the 7100i is hands down the better unit.....ive used the 7100t before and it was what made me leary of the "suretype" and the smaller design but nextel got this phone last and they did it best. ive only been using the suretype a little over two weeks and I can almost type without looking...my only problem is that the suretype turns all my "to's" into "yo's"

kessomatt
10-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I dont care what none of yall say the 7100i is hands down the better unit.....ive used the 7100t before and it was what made me leary of the "suretype" and the smaller design but nextel got this phone last and they did it best. ive only been using the suretype a little over two weeks and I can almost type without looking...my only problem is that the suretype turns all my "to's" into "yo's"

Thats funny. I noticed a few choice words that my custom wordlist picked up. "Nigga" was one of them, and "poopers". I didnt even enter these words, somehow it picks them up out of emails. Whats even more funny it picked up the name of the person that wrote "nigga", and just happend to be right above the word(alphabetically)

krad
10-29-2005, 07:38 PM
it is amazing to me that i post a quick hardware review inmo about the two devices and as you can see from the above posts that people want to fight to the death over which is better.

I never said any were better, imho they both suck.

But let me put it to you this way.

I had the sales lady take a brand new one out. She took it out of the box and handed it to me....without the battery in it. It was still substancially heavier then the tmobile version. Don't get me wrong, i have had my tmobile version for about 5 months. I don't think the actual weight has changed due to internal hardware configurations and changes with new materials... if this was done with a new version of the tmobile phone.

The point of this thread was to let t mobile 7100 owners know that there is a difference.

To be honest, i went into the sprint store to make the decision to buy it and convert to sprint nextel. When i had the device in my hand, it completely turned me off and i walked out.

Do not trust by eye the pics on the web, go in the store and see for yourself. And 7100i users, stop kidding yourselves. Not one time in this review have a mentioned the antenna at all. All i said was that the phone is substancially thicker and it is noticably heavier the the t version. The buttons have a rugged look to them and are not silky smooth like the tmobile version.

MY Opinion! and the last i will post in this thread. jeez

edit; thanks to all that have pointed out the alt button method for dial by name directories. Can't wait to try it :-)

War Eagle
10-29-2005, 08:45 PM
7100i>>>>BETTER!

BlueP
10-29-2005, 09:23 PM
The point of this thread was to let t mobile 7100 owners know that there is a difference.

Do not trust by eye the pics on the web, go in the store and see for yourself. And 7100i users, stop kidding yourselves. Not one time in this review have a mentioned the antenna at all. All i said was that the phone is substancially thicker and it is noticably heavier the the t version. The buttons have a rugged look to them and are not silky smooth like the tmobile version.

Most, I would say almost all, Nextel phones are heavier than other phones by other carriers. I'm sure the direct connect hardware takes up and adds quite a bit of weight to any phone. I didn't expect the BB to be any different.

Being that you are a T Mobile customer <shudder> and not used to Nextel maybe that is why it seems heavier to you.

bigfgjr1
10-29-2005, 10:24 PM
i just got my bb7100i on Thursday from a 7510 and i luv it i took alittle getting use to but its allgood now. I have no regrets ikno i heard it can get polyphonuc tones but i cant seem to get it to work... Any imput would be great..
bigfgjr1 pin 400D769B

krad
10-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Most, I would say almost all, Nextel phones are heavier than other phones by other carriers. I'm sure the direct connect hardware takes up and adds quite a bit of weight to any phone. I didn't expect the BB to be any different.

Being that you are a T Mobile customer <shudder> and not used to Nextel maybe that is why it seems heavier to you.

actually i am a verizon customer personally.

I have many different phones with different carriers. I deploy and test wireless solutions for small to medium business clients. My employer pays for all the phones.

I can't stand the walkie talkie feature with nextel. YOu can't even understand what the hell people are saying on it. And people who do the walkie talkie in public who are not contractors are A-Holes in my book. It is bad enough people have conversations with regular telephones. Now i have to listen to a horrible sounding cb? please don't be a piece of trash and cb in public. It is a real low class thing to do. Be aware of your fellow human being. (this statement goes with all nextel phones.. not just the i version)

bigfgjr1
10-30-2005, 05:55 AM
does anyone know why on bbmessenger my contact list keeps disapearing? I have to take the battery out and when the unit kicks back on the list is there again.....

BlueP
10-30-2005, 11:19 AM

I have many different phones with different carriers. I deploy and test wireless solutions for small to medium business clients. My employer pays for all the phones.

I can't stand the walkie talkie feature with nextel. YOu can't even understand what the hell people are saying on it. And people who do the walkie talkie in public who are not contractors are A-Holes in my book. It is bad enough people have conversations with regular telephones. Now i have to listen to a horrible sounding cb? please don't be a piece of trash and cb in public. It is a real low class thing to do. Be aware of your fellow human being. (this statement goes with all nextel phones.. not just the i version)

A-hole, piece of trash and low class? IMO, someone needs to look in the mirror.

Question, if the walkie talkie feature is so abhorrent to you why did you go into a Sprint store and (I will quote you) To be honest, i went into the sprint store to make the decision to buy it and convert to sprint nextel.???

HDClown
10-30-2005, 11:45 AM

You obviously have a biased opinion of Nextel, and thus you will hate every phone they offer because you cannot be objective about them as a carrier and the services they offer. So why do you even bother?

The business world relies heavily on Nextel and it's walkie-talkie service, not just Construction, and that's never going to change. If it sucked so bad, why did other carriers start to offer a similar service?

Did you know the direct connect feature can be used WITHOUT the speakerphone? Over 3/4 of the users of Nextel's at my company never use direct connect on speaker because they never know if someone will be talking about confidential information, and not to mention it's easier to understand then on the speakerphone.

Bottom line is, Direct Connect is quicker and better then making a cell phone call to someone to ask them a 2 second question. It's better because someone may ask you something, and you need to think about it or check something, and you're not tied up on an active phone call where someone may try to get to you have you need to click over for call waiting. They can just direct connect right in, not have to wait for the phone to ring or you to decide to click over. It makes a large variety of communications situations MUCH quicker and easier, and that's why people use it.

You should stop walking into Sprint/Nextel stores.

stonent
10-30-2005, 12:13 PM
7100i vs 7100(gsm) is not fair comparison
The real question is 7100i vs 7105

Dawg
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
and the last i will post in this thread. jeez

Gues he cant shut his pie hole after all. I was gonna be nice but after he called me an A hole screw him. I use the nextel dc and I understand every word everyone says. I dont understand why you felt the need to go into a store to buy one if you hate it so bad looks like you came in looking for a fight. So i think you need to just move on and do what you say and never post here again.

krad
10-30-2005, 08:53 PM
A-hole, piece of trash and low class? IMO, someone needs to look in the mirror.

Question, if the walkie talkie feature is so abhorrent to you why did you go into a Sprint store and (I will quote you) To be honest, i went into the sprint store to make the decision to buy it and convert to sprint nextel.???

1. Gps Funtionality
2. 4.1 and being able to sync bluetooth wise with desktop pc (test this feature for clients.)
3. Test to see if the volume was lower on bluetooth headsets in the nextel version.

I dispise the walkie-talkie feature. It is a sub-par product that just irrates anybody in public who has to listen to your conversation.

And on top of that, one of my buddies got the i version of the phone. He likes it alot, but doesn't recieve voicemails for 5 hours at a time. That is great! and he is in the nyc area.

krad
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
You obviously have a biased opinion of Nextel, and thus you will hate every phone they offer because you cannot be objective about them as a carrier and the services they offer. So why do you even bother?

The business world relies heavily on Nextel and it's walkie-talkie service, not just Construction, and that's never going to change. If it sucked so bad, why did other carriers start to offer a similar service?

Did you know the direct connect feature can be used WITHOUT the speakerphone? Over 3/4 of the users of Nextel's at my company never use direct connect on speaker because they never know if someone will be talking about confidential information, and not to mention it's easier to understand then on the speakerphone.

Bottom line is, Direct Connect is quicker and better then making a cell phone call to someone to ask them a 2 second question. It's better because someone may ask you something, and you need to think about it or check something, and you're not tied up on an active phone call where someone may try to get to you have you need to click over for call waiting. They can just direct connect right in, not have to wait for the phone to ring or you to decide to click over. It makes a large variety of communications situations MUCH quicker and easier, and that's why people use it.

You should stop walking into Sprint/Nextel stores.

1. I asked people who use these phones to respect other people in public.
2. The speakerphone on the 7100 devices is the best i have heard on any device including the treo 650.
3. I am not biased about any particular service. I do not post or say things to piss people off, it is my opinion and i am entitled to it. I believe the ptt service is a waste.

Once again, I asked if people could think about other people in public and not create noise polution.

My all time favorite is the soccer mom with 3 bags in her hand, screaming at her 3 kids running around, using the walkie-talkie to talk about what some woman said at the nail salon.

I have tested and used the ptt service on a few carriers including verizon.

krad
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Gues he cant shut his pie hole after all. I was gonna be nice but after he called me an A hole screw him. I use the nextel dc and I understand every word everyone says. I dont understand why you felt the need to go into a store to buy one if you hate it so bad looks like you came in looking for a fight. So i think you need to just move on and do what you say and never post here again.

Listen,

1. I started this thread to give my hardware impressions of the 7100i from teh perspective of a 7100t owner. This thread was more geared towards people who were thinking of making the switch. Be it for the new 4.1 os, better bluetooth features, gps functionality, or ptt service.

I did not come and start a thread to fight with anyone. If people want to go into a thread and boast about their new blackberries, go ahead, this was not a thread to bash nextel or the 7100i. It was intended to let people know that the phone is thicker and heavier then the tmobile version.

2. I asked people for the betterment of mankind to refrain from using the ptt or direct connect in public, in order to reduce noise polution and be considerate of other people.

a. Anyone who uses a cell phone in a public place, where they are knowingly disrupting someone else is an a-hole. Can these people go outside for a walk? Take a call in the bathroom? go to a more private place to make these calls?

b. Although people do talk and have no regard for others, it is 100% worse when someone uses a service, that is very disruptive and mimics that of a speakerphone in public. It is not right and it is not polite.

If you choose to do these things in public without a care for other people, then in my book, your an a-hole. If you cannot comprehend this concept then you are completely a lost cause.

So if you say that i called you an a-hole, then you are owning up to the fact that you only care about yourself and nobody else.

And because of you, i will not stop posting in these threads. I will be an active member here in this forum. I have a lot of experience i can share with people.

so i say :-)

im not going anywhere!

So now that i have said what i wanted from my pie hole... what do you have to say from your cake hole!

hi-tech
10-30-2005, 10:34 PM
I dont know what phone you tested but my 7100i buttons arent "rugged" at all. The only button that would appear rugged if you want to call it that is the DC button with the little rubber grips. But thats standard with all nextel phones.

Its just smooth, solid, easy to press plastic, feels similar to the 7520.

teamcrn
10-31-2005, 10:40 AM
if the walike is such a bad option why does every carrier want it..inculding verizion who got sued for stealing it..rotflmao..get real

Dawg
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
I was just pointing out you cant do what you say you said you wouldnt post anymore

krad
10-31-2005, 11:04 AM
if the walike is such a bad option why does every carrier want it..inculding verizion who got sued for stealing it..rotflmao..get real

every carrier wants to offer every feature. 10 bucks for ptt a month for a customer is 10 bucks more in verizon's pocket. When it comes down to it, it is all about money.

Just wait every service will be coming out with their own version of v-cast.

holywarrior74
10-31-2005, 12:45 PM

if you don't like nextel that is one thing but you need to keep your opinions of those who use it to yourself. i've been reading your post and you are starting to sound truly ignorant so just tighten your lip.

blackberry_jedi
10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
7100i sucks we just got some demo's from our rep
its a plastic toy. doesnt vibrate hard at all so cant tell when i get an email. not a fan of the truetype either. the screen is nice but ide rather go back to a 7520 or 7290. i really dont care how clear my photos or attachments are on the blackberry.

HDClown
10-31-2005, 01:52 PM
7100i sucks we just got some demo's from our rep
its a plastic toy. doesnt vibrate hard at all so cant tell when i get an email. not a fan of the truetype either. the screen is nice but ide rather go back to a 7520 or 7290. i really dont care how clear my photos or attachments are on the blackberry.

Mine vibrates better then my i830, i930, and i836 did. It's on par with the materials of an i836, which is a plastic version of the i830. I dropped my i836 many tops and it held up as well as the i830 I had did. I like the plastic design more because it weighs less.

krad
10-31-2005, 01:52 PM
if you don't like nextel that is one thing but you need to keep your opinions of those who use it to yourself. i've been reading your post and you are starting to sound truly ignorant so just tighten your lip.

nah... i think i won't tighten my lip. I do not dispise the nextel service. I personally do not like the dc/ptt service. But i appreciate you putting your 2 cents in.

blackberry_jedi
10-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Many people like the PPT we have over 1000 units with our company and most of the IT and service departments use PTT. just tell those rude people to use a head set with it and that why it wont bug ya.
Ide rather email then talk to someone on the phone or PTT any day

jwolf7722
05-18-2006, 09:04 AM
The reason nextel is around is the direct connect. I use mine all the time cause its fast, unlimited, and saves me from using my regular minutes. I have had the 730 and the 860 both you could hear the other person easily (even when driving on the interstate). Nextel lacks alot of things other companies do but DC is what holds them together.

blk n blu
05-19-2006, 04:16 PM
this page is stupid..." My dad will beat up your dad...so nanny nanny boo boo"

rnwjr
05-20-2006, 11:41 AM
"Modem Embedded RIM® wireless modem "

I have a 7100i through NEXTEL... I also have a MacBook with OSX and Windows XP installed... I would love to use the Blackberry as a modem and having no luck with easy instructions to use the BBerry as a modem on both OSX and Windows XP for this laptop... Any help would be appreciated... Also the MacBook includes bluetooth drivers so can this be done wirelessly on the XP side?

BilltheCat
05-21-2006, 12:49 PM
PTT is more than just a toy for play. When we had the hurricanes hit us here in Florida every cell tower went down hard. No telco lines either. almost no power lines. Real caveman days.

PTT from Nextel worked! I was in Sanford and could PTT with my wife almost to the west coast of the state clear and clean. She went to her mother who lost her home in the storm. No phones, no cell phones, but PTT was working!

The fd and pd used PTT to do their jobs! PTT was literally a life saver!

In Florida that alone is a good reason to stay Nextel and PTT !

bell30012
05-21-2006, 02:01 PM
I have a NEXTEL 7100i and I love it. If you use a bluetooth earpiece the radio feature doesn't bother anyone. I use all three; the cell, radio and group connect features constantly.

If the sound coming from your group or radio connect is garbled then I believe that the people calling you may need training on how to speak into a NEXTEL. Ours generally sound crisp and clear.

Recently, I was in Mississippi working with flood relief. We had no cell phones or land lines. All of us with NEXTELs were still communicating without problems.

Without the radio/group feature many people would not have been rescued and searchers would have wasted valuable time re-searching the same houses over and over.