PDA

View Full Version : 8830 backup files 'not valid'

mensah23
03-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Does anybody have a clue why none of my back up files are working? I have backed up my files on the first of the month every month since the first time my text messages and emails got deleted. Like clockwork. I lost a lot of stuff in february and i didnt use a restore i was going to backup and restore from feb15th until today but behold everythings gone again not even a month later...i have an empty sd card in it....i have no themes, no music, i removed brickbreaker......i go to use a backup file to grab some old numbers and emails that i need and all my files state they dont appear to be valid? WTF? im supposed to get the storm this tuesday but if this is how its going to be even though my job pays for this phone im just going to get the jitterbug. does anyone know how i can those files to work or if there is an emulator for my saves?

mensah23
03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
shit. the only things thats changed is my phone and my pin (obviously) i got a new phone after the college world series and thats the only reason i can see my files not being valid. is this true that backup files cannot be transferred from phone to phone?

SteveO86
03-13-2009, 11:20 PM
What version of the Desktop Manager are you using.... I forgot which version it was but one of them have a history of not creating/restoring backups correctly......

Not sure if you can restore backups from diff devices onto each other... I remember I used the Switch Device Wizard when I got my Curve.

mensah23
03-14-2009, 03:12 PM
i had the newest one when that didnt work i uninstalled it and downloaded 4.3 which was the one they were created on and still no luck i will look for what you used and see if it works

mensah23
03-15-2009, 11:30 PM
my phone did it again................