PDA

View Full Version : Troubles activating an used 7100t

aldebaran
10-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi.
I bought recently an used 7100t; it works great as a phone and all other functions are working, however I cannot register it for BB service with Rogers since T-Mobile refuses to cancel the former account associated with the PIN/IMEI.
I called RIM then TMO customer service and was asked for phone number and/or account #; I called the retailer who resold the unit asking for help and they were unable to get anywhere with TMO either.
Prior to that I bought a 7100v from the UK wich was registered with Vodafone and I had no problem unlocking the PIN.
How can I work it out with TMO? RIM won't do anything to help.
Thanks for any suggestions.

finch
10-28-2005, 06:30 PM
TMo can't do anything for you nor can RIM, the PIN and IMEI currently tagged to the device needs to be released by the previous owner. This is usually done by the previous owner contacting TMo and requesting the PIN and IMEI of the device be released from their account.

aldebaran
10-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I thought about that too...
However, without TMO's support how could you find out who was the previous owner? They were keeping asking for the account name.
If they would disclose this information I or the seller could get in touch with him/them. The unit was decomissioned, however the PIN was not released.
What else can I do?!
Thanks.

KonTiki
10-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Have the seller trace it back and if they are not willing to help then demand your money back. Call the BBB and report them as unwilling to help resolve the issue if they are not willing to lend a hand.

aldebaran
10-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Have the seller trace it back and if they are not willing to help then demand your money back. Call the BBB and report them as unwilling to help resolve the issue if they are not willing to lend a hand.

They actually offered a refund.
Even though they buy decomissioned units from TMO and resell them, they were not able to work this out.
I would rather try to find and talk to the previous user, either individual or business than return the unit, but how?
I don't quite understand their stance, the unit is decomissioned, PIN is locked to the account which is unused and they won't help?!
Go figure...

I had a 7100v reset in a blink of an eye with Vodafone UK before.

finch
10-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Again here's your answer and best bet:

aldebaran
10-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Finch,
so my best bet is to give up and get my money back?!

KonTiki
10-28-2005, 10:06 PM
For someone asking for help and getting it you sure do not want to take it. If they offered a refund take it and go elsewhere.