PDA

View Full Version : 7100i DC and e-mail notification

HDClown
10-28-2005, 06:36 PM
I have my 7100i updated with the software available as of today from blackberry.com, both handheld and manager 4.1.

I have in holster message notifications set to vibrate and in holster DC set to vibrate+tone

Both DC and messages vibrate TWICE. I can't tell what's an e-mail and what's a DC unless I actually hear the DC beep, but 99% of the time I can't.

Is there any way to change the number of times it vibrates for one or the other? I want 1 vibration for DC, like my regular i836 does. My wifes 7520 only vibes once on DC.

Dawg
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
my 7520 vibrates same for email as dc I cant tell difference

harryzuluberries
10-28-2005, 06:45 PM
there are no options to change the amount of times the 7100i vibrates....everything gets it twice prior to a ringtone or alert. same for the 7520..etc. cheers!

HDClown
10-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Just re-checkd my wifes, does vibe 2x.

Has no one else thought this to be rather silly and confusing? Anyone know if it's possible to manipulate number of vibes with custom software?

I guess I'm going to have to turn off vibe for new e-mails.

I assume Bluetooth doesn't actually integrate with DC at all? If I could find a way to get notified in my car outside of having to rely on the audible tone, it wouldn't be as much of an issue I suppose.

LineNoise
10-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Just re-checkd my wifes, does vibe 2x.

Has no one else thought this to be rather silly and confusing? Anyone know if it's possible to manipulate number of vibes with custom software?

I guess I'm going to have to turn off vibe for new e-mails.

I assume Bluetooth doesn't actually integrate with DC at all? If I could find a way to get notified in my car outside of having to rely on the audible tone, it wouldn't be as much of an issue I suppose.

You have to either pull the blackberry out of the holster to get it to stop Vibrating or Ringing or you have to hit the esc button.

I have always pulled the blackberry out the second it alerts me there is some activity. I don't see how it can be confusing or silly.

I don't understand what you are asking about the Bluetooth. Just have different tones for different things. So when you have it out of the holster and a message or an alert come through you will be able to identify. I have mine to beep 3 times for an email and then plays a tone for a DC alert.

HDClown
10-28-2005, 11:31 PM
You have to either pull the blackberry out of the holster to get it to stop Vibrating or Ringing or you have to hit the esc button.

I have always pulled the blackberry out the second it alerts me there is some activity. I don't see how it can be confusing or silly.

I don't understand what you are asking about the Bluetooth. Just have different tones for different things. So when you have it out of the holster and a message or an alert come through you will be able to identify. I have mine to beep 3 times for an email and then plays a tone for a DC alert.

When I'm sitting at my desk with the BB uncradled, or in the car driving, I don't need to pull out the BB all the time to see if it's an e-mail or a DC, especially when I'm driving. I want a way to know, by vibration alone, that it's a DC and not an e-mail. All non-BB nextel's only vibe 1x on DC, so I find it dumb that the BB's don't do that. I don't care about making it stop, I care about knowing which is which. I can't be the only one who gets 100+ e-mails in the work day. That's a lot of times to be constantly checking if someone is trying to call you. What happens if you are in a silent mode, no tones?

Even with the DC beep set as loud as possible, I can frequently not here it while driving with the radio on. And if the windows are open, forget about it.

As for the Bluetooth integration, I was asking if the DC part works over Bluetooth. As in, if someone DC's you, does it work through your Bluetooth in the car? I have NAV and in-dash display for radio/nav/phone integration.

fliedlice
10-29-2005, 01:26 AM
I want a way to know, by vibration alone, that it's a DC and not an e-mail. All non-BB nextel's only vibe 1x on DC, so I find it dumb that the BB's don't do that.

I find it dumb that you dont understand that this is not possible....the phones are made by two completely different companies....motorola does not make the blackberry and RIM does not make Motorola phones....the amount of vibes is not designated by the carrier (in this case Nextel) it is set up by the phone manufacturer (in this case RIM)

I however understand your frustration...as I have the same problem you do.....but I have also learned to deal with and simply pull the phone from the holster to see if its an email or a DC...or when im in the car or at my desk I leave it in plain view

Bradhar911
10-29-2005, 06:06 AM
As for the Bluetooth integration, I was asking if the DC part works over Bluetooth. As in, if someone DC's you, does it work through your Bluetooth in the car? I have NAV and in-dash display for radio/nav/phone integration.

My Plantronics 510 works decent with my 7100i. The biggest problem I have with it is the delay when you initiate a d/c call and the time the 510 activates. I know that the 510 is not "car" bluetooth but I don't know that it would be any different...