PDA

View Full Version : Unknown IT Password

rdpaullin@msn.com
03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I bought a used BB 7130e from a young lady who had gotten the phone from her father. He had gotten the phone from where he worked. For a while I was recieveing his email of which always had to do with Navy meetings and social gatherings and so on. I would reply back advising that his email was now coming to me by mistake (BES I T). After a couple weeks I stopped getting the emails.

Long story short.

The ESN number is clean, but I can't sync to the Desktop Manager because I don't know the I T password and I can't locate the young lady or contact her father to have his I T clear it.

I can receive email thru my Google and msn.com accounts but can't sync.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to make this phone fully functional.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

J86
03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure by what you mean when you say you can not sync with DM because you don't know the "IT password". DM is asking you for a password when you try and sync it? Can you give us some more details?

Can you send e-mail with your Gmail and msn.com account? With blackberry, you don't really "sycn" your e-mail with what is it your e-mail inbox. The mailbox on your blackberry is just for mail you have received on the device.

jsconyers
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
This is what you need to do

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

rdpaullin@msn.com
03-23-2009, 12:25 PM
I installed John Clarks Policy.bit and now the BB works like new.

Thanks guys I appreciate your replies.

jsconyers
03-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Good deal (y)