PDA

View Full Version : 7100v battery doesnt't last long

Blaugrana85
10-29-2005, 05:42 AM
Hi,

I can use my blackberry 7100v only for 3 days (=bad battery!)

Is this normal?

KonTiki
10-29-2005, 07:35 AM
I would say three days is damn good. What i do to improve and never worry about battery life is I have the USB cord and when I am in the offfice (since I have the desktop manager with the USB drivers installed there) I leave it connected as long as I am at my desk which continually charges the battery. On weekends i carry the bb with me all day and when I finally sit down at my home computer I again Plug it is to the second USB cable I have at home and it manages to top it off. So bottom line is that never have had battery issues. Even if you are out of the office all day if as soon as you get in the house or office you top it off you should be in great shape since it does not take that long to charge with with either the USB cable or the wall charger. So far this morning while I read my e-mail and opened the BBForums it charges in about 30 minutes from 78% to 100%.

isarib
10-29-2005, 03:08 PM
3 days is ok. I get about 4-5 days if I use it to the max and heavily without charge. I dont get the advertised (8 days) battery life though. I just installed webmessenger, does this eatup battery time??

kurrupt_1
10-29-2005, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't think that programs use up the battery. It's just using the BB that runs the program that does.

KonTiki
10-29-2005, 03:41 PM
We must learn to never believe advertisements. They are only created to lure you in and buy their products. If you are gteeing 4-5 days you are doing better thand most, if you gettting 3 days you are doing great.

isarib
10-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I get the impression that IM uses battery time?? being BB Messenger is always ON, it must use some effort to keep the connection alive?.

I remember when i left verichat ON it use to send/recieve connection even when idled, and I noticed less battery time.

acm
10-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Having to worry about the next place for a plug in whether it be a car, office, home sucks for performance in this day and age. I have not experienced such downright poor battery performance since the early days of cell phones and laptops before advances in power management and battery technology.

Sat night I had to rush home after being out at an event because I did not "top" off my battery enough during the day and left the house without a full charge. I had to be available for critical business operations so my choice was that my wife and I had to go home. (My BB is new to me and I didn't buy a car charger yet).

All I read about is how BB is really targeted to business people but if it can't make it through 3/4 or less in a day with an charge or an extra battery to pop in, then BB didn't benchmark this unit with road warriors who might not have access to a wall outlet, car or USB port.

I have read with interest, threads where others get incredible battery performance (incredible based on my experience) and I have even tried to make all kinds of power savings settings to my 7100i without much impact.

Am I alone here?

Thanks - ACM

rterrible
10-31-2005, 12:44 PM
actually, i'd KILL for 3 days of alway's on time! when i first got my 7100g i could generally go 2 days, but now, this past week or so, it seems like i barely make a day. we just went through hurricane wilma down here so it may just be that it's working harder to keep a signal. i'm hoping that the battery life will go back up when things get back to normal.
i generally try to charge mine everynight, but i'd at least like to make it through a complete day. makes me pine back to the days of my original 957, which would easily go "always on" for 2 weeks!