PDA

View Full Version : Need urgent help!!! can't find any solutions..

Boeing100
03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone!

Here's my story. Earlier today, my blackberry 8820 bearly dropped on the floor from a very small height (just so that you understand that the chock was really nothing at all...).
Since then, i am unable to reboot it. I've tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, but nothing happens at all, not even the blinking red LED.
I've connected it to my PC, and it is recognized. So I've tried to reinstall the OS but i'm stuck when the application loader tries to connect to the JVM.
I've downloaded JL_cmder, but when i try to wipe the device, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. it gets to the red screen where you have to type in 'Blackberry' to confirm, then I press enter, and it just goes back to the home screen, nothing really happens.
I've also tried the " /nojvm" command with loader.exe but doesn't work either.

The weird part is that i can only plug it to the PC WITHOUT the battery inserted. If i put it back in, i will just have a black screen, then one long red LED blink, and that's it. I believe you're supposed to insert the battery back during the apploader process.
To sum it up, i can connect the phone to the pc WITHOUT the battery, and I get a white screen with a battery crossed out, but it I put the battery back in, then black screen and nothing happens.

I'm really desperate for help, does anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix this?????

Thanks in advance

akosnitzky
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
What is your return policy?
Insurance?

Boeing100
03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I actually bought it second hand, so no insurance or return policy :?
I'm thinking the battery might be dead, but what's weird is that it happened only once it dropped to the ground.

Any ideas?

innoxiousz
03-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Ohh..that's really unlucky..I don't think it's a battery problem, buying a new battery won't do u much good. If you shake ur device, is it making any weird sounds? maybe some of the components in ur device are out of place because of the accident.

Stoo06
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
This reminds me of a similar situation I had when I dropped a little digital camera. I finally took it into a repair depot and after fiddling with it ofr a few minutes the tech pronounced it "Pooched"...

If it was a human, I think it would be brain dead... :cry:

Warm Pudgy
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
i have a similar problem

i had my pearl in my back pocket when i slipped and landed right on my phone
and i fell hard i was running at almost full speed, my ass hurts!

when i pulled it out of my pocket it had a blank gray screen and wasnt doing anything
so i pulled the battery, re-inserted, and the red light came on but longer than usual
the screen does not come on but like i said it was on at first

i can connect it via usb and load up desktop manager and media manager
everything is detected, and ive even backed up all my files

but the thing still wont turn on

if the battery is not inserted it will not be detected by my pc

hum what else

there doesnt appear to be any damage other than some scratches from where it scraped the pavement thru a hole in my pocket

nothing rattles inside when i shake it

if i had the right sized torx bit id take it all apart and make sure nothing is broken but i need to wait till tomorrow when sears opens up

any ideas?

oh and i got it second hand as well so i cant return it :(
and i have not had a chance to wipe/reinstall the os yet