PDA

View Full Version : Need help with frozen 7250

ddoyle777
10-29-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm a new BB user and so far am very impressed except with one thing. Four times last week I've pulled my BB from the clip holster that is provided with the device and it's frozen. It was working fine when I holstered it and now all I have is a blank screen and the red light on. It is totally unresponsive to any keystroke (including the Alt-Caps-Del) reboot. I have to remove the battery and wait about 10 seconds before reinserting. It then comes back on, with all data intact.

I have installed three programs other than the included stuff: Olive Tree's ESV Bible, Klondine and BBLight.

What could be causing this freeze? What else can I do?

Thanks,

David Doyle

soldano
10-29-2005, 04:50 PM
i was having that same problem and ended up exchanging it. so far the new one has only done that once...

amnon1950
10-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm a new BB user and so far am very impressed except with one thing. Four times last week I've pulled my BB from the clip holster that is provided with the device and it's frozen. It was working fine when I holstered it and now all I have is a blank screen and the red light on. It is totally unresponsive to any keystroke (including the Alt-Caps-Del) reboot. I have to remove the battery and wait about 10 seconds before reinserting. It then comes back on, with all data intact.

I have installed three programs other than the included stuff: Olive Tree's ESV Bible, Klondine and BBLight.

What could be causing this freeze? What else can I do?

Thanks,

David Doyle

You should remove the aftermarket software and then see if you BB unit works. I had a similar situation with aftermarket software.

ddoyle777
11-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Conclusion: Verizon thought it was hardware problem and replaced the device.

Pulling off all 3rd party software didn't keep it from locking up, so I think they are correct.