PDA

View Full Version : Filemanager Recommendations

djamie
03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I just purchased a BB 8820 and noticed there is no standard file manager on board (this was also case on my palm treo 680). Can anyone recommend a good BB filemanager? Something that can interrogate both onboard as well as microsdhc content would be preferred.

wu-wei
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
BBFileScout (http://bb.emacf1.com/bbfilescout) - donationware, and awesome.

Iare Tosevite
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Agreed. ABout the best out there. I recommand making some donation.

SteveO86
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I've used a few File Manager, Ziplorer, FileManager Pro, and I find BBFileScout to be a great app, definitly worth the donation of a few bucks (at least).

Has a very clean look, with alot of functionality.

FF2
03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
I also recommend the new FileScout BUT there is a FileManager built in but it is well-hidden.

Open MediaPlayer using its icon. Now press the MENU button (the BB button) and scroll down to EXPLORE and select that option. Now you can check out your internal memory (with some limitations) and your SD card if you have one. You can delete/copy, etc.

Since you are new, depending on how you use your SD card, if you are linked to a computer, the SD card is "invisible" and you can't see it or gain access to your music/photos/etc. I periodically forget about that and panic - where's my data!!!!