PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Working with Blackberry-slow- why?

lalainohio
10-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know why it takes so long for me to get a gmail email to show up on my blackberry? I get email from people in my gmail account long before it arrives on my blackberry handset.

Dawg
10-29-2005, 07:55 PM
it has been real slow lately

lalainohio
10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
If I send myself a email through my gmail account.. it usually takes about 15-20 min's before my blackberry will even recognize it.

Dawg
10-31-2005, 03:07 PM
yeah dont know whats going on with it was the fastest thing around now slowest

murpheous
10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Mine is still super fast (I use forwarding)

jdposhkus
10-31-2005, 09:30 PM
there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the sometimes slow to come from gmail mail. I sent tests to myself and they never got there...but all the other mail has made its way to the berry, but now I have a message in my gmail inbox that has been there for almost 1 hour and not yet in the berry...strange.

whsbuss
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the sometimes slow to come from gmail mail. I sent tests to myself and they never got there...but all the other mail has made its way to the berry, but now I have a message in my gmail inbox that has been there for almost 1 hour and not yet in the berry...strange.

Are you forwarding from Gmail or using the BIS/BWC pop configuration.

jdposhkus
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
forwarding from gmail...I am on a BES..it has been working fine for 9 months, but I saw this thread and went to my gmail box (inever look there, it always on the berry) looked around at the timestamps on the mail in the box and compared it to the berry and saw the delays...and some mail that never made it to the BB.....

krad
11-01-2005, 09:17 AM
I am sorry, i do not understand how you guys are pushing gmail to your bb's.

Are you all doing the forwarding in the gmail settings to your blackberry?

Using a gmail client on your blackberry?

I personally use the tmobile builtin app to setup internet email. I just put in my email address and the password and it sets up any pop email as well as gmail.

I so far have gotten emails on my blackberry pretty much in real time on all my pop accounts and my gmail account.

Is the way i do it, what you guys are talking about?

Bear
11-01-2005, 09:54 AM
I just turned on POP access in my Gmail account, set it up on the TMobile webclient, and have had no problems thus far.

It's a tad annoying to get an email on my BB when I send something from Gmail online, but other than that it seems to be flawless.

Cornflakeguy
11-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I had my 3 gmail accounts set up through BB as POP3 accounts and they worked perfectly...

..BEFORE the T-Mobile changeover.

Now Gmail was 20 mins late or none at all.

Now I am forced to use the forwarding technique that other have embraced. I just have Gmail forward my gmail to my BB email address through T-Mo and I get them lickity split.

Problem is I can't respond from 3 different addresses, just one.

CFG

BluePolaski
11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Ok. This is starting to confuse me. I have a Gmail account. Is it easier (or quicker as some are experiencing delays) to go to the TMobile site and add the gmail address to forward to my phone or to go to the Gmail site and forward all the messages to my BB? Also, what settings would I change to be able to respond to emails sent to Gmail (forwarded to ___@<hidden>) with the Gmail address. When I reply to messages that have been forwarded to my BB from Gmail...the reply address is the Tmobile address.

Any help would be great.

krad
11-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Ok. This is starting to confuse me. I have a Gmail account. Is it easier (or quicker as some are experiencing delays) to go to the TMobile site and add the gmail address to forward to my phone or to go to the Gmail site and forward all the messages to my BB? Also, what settings would I change to be able to respond to emails sent to Gmail (forwarded to ___@<hidden>) with the Gmail address. When I reply to messages that have been forwarded to my BB from Gmail...the reply address is the Tmobile address.

Any help would be great.

i setup my gmail up on the bb. I never went to the tmobile website. I went ot the internet email setup icon and from there setup the gmail.

lalainohio
11-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I setup my gmail settings in my Tmobile webclient and also through my Gmail account in the settings category.. not sure if that is the correct way to do it or not. Gmail usually takes about 20 min's to get to my blackberry. Yahoo is very very quick. Gmail use to be quick at one time.... not for the last month at least though.

Dawg
11-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Has nothing to do with tmobile its gmail something has changed and i am not sure what it is but its quicker for me to pop my accounts than it is to forward now. But the spam of gmail is still the bestI had my 3 gmail accounts set up through BB as POP3 accounts and they worked perfectly...

..BEFORE the T-Mobile changeover.

Now Gmail was 20 mins late or none at all.

Now I am forced to use the forwarding technique that other have embraced. I just have Gmail forward my gmail to my BB email address through T-Mo and I get them lickity split.

Problem is I can't respond from 3 different addresses, just one.

CFG

lalainohio
11-01-2005, 03:15 PM
True.. there is hardly any spam through Gmail.

jdposhkus
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
No delay issues today....

whsbuss
11-02-2005, 07:21 AM
There's an entire thread about setting up Gmail forwarding in the General Discussion section. Do a search for it and all of your questions will be answered.

Mark Rejhon
11-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Problem is I can't respond from 3 different addresses, just one.You can still install free third-party "BBReply" software to have multiple different "Reply-To:" addresses on a BlackBerry. This is a workaround.

Cornflakeguy
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Ah...excellent, thanks!

I will audition it asap.

cfg

lalainohio
11-03-2005, 02:54 PM
I know how to set it up... I'm just annoyed it is slow.