PDA

View Full Version : Help! BIS works on WiFi but not on 3G or when WiFi is off!

skyrider007
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
i am having fatal issue with my BIS service on my blackberry bold. as of this evening i have been unable to receive emails, use blackberry messengers or browse the internet at all but BIS works when it's connected to Wifi.

i have tried re-registering the host tables and re-sending the service books and BIS still fail to work. the 3G icon appears in capital letters and everything seems normal but BIS will not work without WiFi.

has anybody experienced similar issues? could you please tell me how to resolve this issue?

thank you!

p.s. i am freaking out over this! literally! please help!
p.s.s. tried battery pull 4 times, still the same... :-(

Dubdub
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Maybe Voda has a data outage? Have you checked that out?

Could also be the BIS 2.6 upgrade.

Might try deleting all of your email accounts in BIS and then re-adding them. A lot of work and effort if you have a lot of accounts.

skyrider007
03-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Thanks for your reply. E-mail works fine when I'm connected to WiFi. When I'm off WiFi, nothing works. No internet no e-mail. Altho I was able to access Vodafone live (WAP homepage) and the AP NEws app was able to receive Data. apart from that, Google Maps etc. fails to retrieve data.

Its like 2am in UK right now and I can't sleep because of this issue : (
Will call Vodafone tomorrow...

Jadey
03-17-2009, 04:57 AM
On your Bold, try this:

Go to the Manage Connections section on the main screen
Turn off the WiFi so that only the mobile network is connected
Then go to the Services Status

What do you have under:
Mobile Voice?
BlackBerry Internet Service?
Mobile Network?

If it says something like
Mobile Voice? Connection: Mobile Network
BlackBerry Internet Service? Connection: not connected
Mobile Network? 3G (with the 4 dots next to it)
Then call Vodafone and see whether they have been messing about with the BlackBerry Data Plan on your account.

Also, under manage connections/mobile network options are you Data Services set to ON?

And, when you connect to 3G, do you have the 4 dots to the right of the 3G, or does it just say "3G"?

Let me know what it says!

skyrider007
03-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks for your help guys!

Been on the phone with Vodafone for 5 hours this morning, tried numerous trouble shootings and none worked. Getting a replacement phone tomorrow. I am not happy with BB. I will be on my third Bold within a month tomorrow, if it breaks again I will not be looking back.