PDA

View Full Version : How: Remove the Internet Browser

removebrowser
10-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Any creative thoughts on how to remove the Internet Browser application from my 7250?

KonTiki
10-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Just hide the icon by selecting the icon, pressing the ALT(half moon key) and clicking the wheel at the same time choose options and then select Hide icon. Why would you want to remove the functionality all together?

jbairdjr
10-30-2005, 03:01 PM
I, too wonder why you would want to delete the Browser. The browser works quite well, better than most of the alternatives.

Dawg
10-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I would like to know the answer as well

Wobbly_Cheese
10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
I hide it being I don't have a data plan. I use my 7750 to organize my college life with assignments, what I need to do etc. I also do alot of texting and a normal cell phone pisses me off being I'm so slow at it even using T9.

I don't exactly need the 7750 for browsing or e-mail. Also, with the icon hidden I won't accidently hit the icon in fear of being charged .015 cents for every kb transfered.

removebrowser
10-30-2005, 10:54 PM
"Hiding" the browser is the easy part. I'm wondering if anyone would be able to think of how to actually remove it. Among other things, I would like the space.

John Clark
10-31-2005, 01:11 AM
"Hiding" the browser is the easy part. I'm wondering if anyone would be able to think of how to actually remove it. Among other things, I would like the space.

Under settings, applications, just delete the applications you dont want. Do so at your own risk.

removebrowser
11-01-2005, 12:23 AM
pushing delete does nothing... it won't go away!!! basically the thing won't let me access the built-in applications such as Browser.. only things which i, myself, installed (those i can remove)

Slammed
11-01-2005, 01:30 AM
I have the option to remove mine in the desktop application manager OS/4.1

jontalotta
11-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Recommend you follow prior advice and just hide the icon, unless you really need additional memory space on your device. If you really need (or just feel compelled) to get rid of it, you can try Options/Applications and select Browser, click the trackwheel and select Delete (just hitting the delete button will not work). But, I've never tried this so I don't know if there will be unintended and unwanted consequences. Good luck, if you go this more extreme route.

JT

d_fisher
11-01-2005, 10:12 AM
You may not be able to delete the browser if other parts of the OS need it to function properly. If you use JavaLoader.exe you can get list of module dependencies. I have an example of a command line you could use below. It will get the info from the device and send it to a text document.

Example:
JavaLoader.exe -u dir -d > ModuleDependency.txt

Enjoy,
Doug

jontalotta
11-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Even if 'removebrowser' doesn't understand module dependency, s/he should just consider the simple fact that you cannot completely remove the Browser via the Desktop Manager's Application Loader....Best to just leave Browser app alone and hide the icon.

JT

Slammed
11-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Well I dont know a whole lot about BB's yet so I would listen to the other peeps

removebrowser
11-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Thank you all very much! :)