PDA

View Full Version : first blackberry

faerie28
03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm getting my first :bb: tomorrow - anyone any suggestions as to which is best?

jjmach
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Why don't you start on the blackberry web site and compare them. Here is the link BlackBerry - Compare PDAs - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution Comparison (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/compare/)

Regards

raja_3012
03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
It pretty much depends on which BlackBerry is offered by your carrier. I believe O2 offers the 8900.. it is a killer device although it is not 3G.

raja_3012
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
You can go through this link to find out the BB devices offered by O2.

BlackBerry from O2 - Home (http://www.my-blackberryfromo2.com/)

jsconyers
03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
It's a matter of preference really. Some love SureType devices, some don't. There are lots of threads on this, search around the forums a bit to get a better understanding of what each device offers.

...And welcome to the forums.

maizein
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I have a Bold :-(. My suggestion is do not get a BB. I think there are better phones available out there. Just read what people have to say about the phones currently available, their features, etc. Then ask yourself what you will use the phone for?

For instance:

* web surfing: don't get the Bold (or any BB actually. I guess the iPhone is better for that)

* watch movies/tv shows (again, BBs suck for that. Windows Mobile devices can play xVid/Divx files better)

* GPS navigation (I prefer Windows Mobile devices for that)

Again, think about what you need the phone for.

Cheers,

jsconyers
03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a Bold :-(. My suggestion is do not get a BB. I think there are better phones available out there. Just read what people have to say about the phones currently available, their features, etc. Then ask yourself what you will use the phone for?

For instance:

* web surfing: don't get the Bold (or any BB actually. I guess the iPhone is better for that)

* watch movies/tv shows (again, BBs suck for that. Windows Mobile devices can play xVid/Divx files better)

* GPS navigation (I prefer Windows Mobile devices for that)

Again, think about what you need the phone for.

Cheers,

BlackBerry is not for everyone. You're correct.

rayleoni
03-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I advise you should look through the variety of applications and find out which works best for you. Congrats on first bb!