PDA

View Full Version : New to the 7250, need help

Ridders
03-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi, I recently found a 7250 in one of the draws, and decided I would like to use it for a mod project I'm working on, however i need to know how to phone works first. I remember it being able to access internet once upon a time, but i cant find how to do that now, so help there would be great. Also can it connect to wireless networks? and another thing i downloaded the desktop manager program, and attempted to transfer a picture and a music file across to the phone, But the phone has no media folder so i don't know where i find anything i transfer over to it. Help with these would be great. cheers for your time.

akosnitzky
03-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

You need a data plan for internet. There is no WIFI.
You can transfer pictures to device Memory but its very limited. It would serve more as wallpaper.
The most practical way is to setup a link which you can harvest and then email to yourself.

Ridders
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok i'll stick to my original plan then, and try and install linux on one of these. I need a method of accessing the internal memory and removing the existing OS. I read a post about something called Bfuse? that converts the memory to a NFTS drive, where can i get this program?

crisambo
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
you must have a lot of time on your hands . . . are you sure the 32MB flash memory is something you want to play around with? You know, with a data plan, you can use your BB as a tethered modem for your laptop as well. . .

akosnitzky
03-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I appreciate your ambition. I am not sure that is the device that will enable you to do the things you want to do. Please keep us posted

jsconyers
03-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok i'll stick to my original plan then, and try and install linux on one of these. I need a method of accessing the internal memory and removing the existing OS. I read a post about something called Bfuse? that converts the memory to a NFTS drive, where can i get this program?

Let us know how this goes for you.

Ridders
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
yh i originally wanted to try this out with a mobile phone that had a SD card slot in, but i don't have any of those types of phones laying around. And like you say its going to be a tight fit with linux and 32mb's, but the real issue is accessing the internal memory like i mentioned earlier any suggestion on this would be helpful. And course I have plenty of time, that's all students seem to have plenty of.