PDA

View Full Version : 7100t and JmIRc 0.92 issue

sweetgt
10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
I am rather new and have been using this site for the past 2 weeks..great site.

Everything is working great on my 7100t so far. I downloaded jmirc .92 (since its the last stable release for our units). I can not connect to a IRC server..it gives me an error stating "disconnected from server"..so I think its hitting irc servers..

I did go into TCP and entered a APN to wap.voicestream.com and even tried using my tmobile username/password.

Not sure if I need this since I can view JPGs etc already on my email.

Anyone she any light?

I have used the search function too :)

DavidE
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
I can not connect to a IRC server..it gives me an error stating "disconnected from server"..so I think its hitting irc servers.. I get the "disconnected from server" error a lot. Switching to another server usually fixes the problem. Sometimes I have to try several different servers before I can find one that will let me in.

To reduce frustration levels in the future, I save multiple profiles for any hard-to-reach channels with the only difference being the server.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

sweetgt
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
no matter what I try I still get the error..different servers, etc

trying to get on gamesurge irc network

works just fine with PC clients..tried 3 diff servers so far.

on edit: AIM, etc works fine..so my internet connection is fine, correct?

DavidE
10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
AIM, etc works fine..so my internet connection is fine, correct?It does sound like your Internet connection is fine. You might try some other IRC networks and channels, just to be sure jmIrc is set up properly.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

sweetgt
10-31-2005, 03:21 PM
i think its the GameSurge network..i connected to another fine..

i have tried about 6 of the gamesurge servers to no avail..