PDA

View Full Version : red light flashes 4 times no sign of life BB 7130

aalgahmee
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I own a blackberry 7130 it was next to moisture and after the screen fogged up and I turned it off I am unable to get it to power back up. the red light flashes continuously 4 times. I have tried putting it in dry rice for a week but no help. My main question is will I be able to pull my contacts off the internal memory, the way the phone is or do i have to tear it apart, or neither your help would be greatly appreciated.

Dubdub
03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Sounds to me like water damage and the electronics got fried. There is no way that I am aware of to pull the data if it will not power on. I am not sure of your reason for tearing it apart as that won't solve the data issue. If it is fried, there isn't much else to do. Do you by any chance have a back up of the data? I am assuming not.

Have you tried plugging it into a power source to see if it will power on that way?

rambo47
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
After letting it dry out WITHOUT the battery in it for a week, give it another try. Unfortunately, if you powered it on while wet you likely killed it for good. That means your data is not recoverable, not even it you rip it apart. Best you can do is restore a new BB from your last backup.

After a week's drying out, try connecting it to your pc and running the Desktop Software. Maybe you can get it to backup if it powers on via the USB port.