PDA

View Full Version : Another 7100i lie!!

str8down
10-31-2005, 03:32 PM
At least I can't find the setting. This is right from the webpage

"■One-Touch Walkie-Talkie: Set your phone and instantly connect to the last Walkie-Talkie call or an assigned Walkie-Talkie contact by pressing the Push-to-Send (also works for Group Walkie-Talkie);"

Nextel 7100i Website (http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?audience=GENERAL_BUSINESS&id12=Business_Wireless;Phones&language=EN)

I really liked this feature, and helped me make my decision to get another 7520 or the 7100i. My wife i730 has it and it's great. Especially would be great on the BB since when someone 2-ways you, the call log screen go's away so fast, you have to scoll back to the call log to 2-way them back.

HDClown
10-31-2005, 05:04 PM
At least I can't find the setting. This is right from the webpage

"■One-Touch Walkie-Talkie: Set your phone and instantly connect to the last Walkie-Talkie call or an assigned Walkie-Talkie contact by pressing the Push-to-Send (also works for Group Walkie-Talkie);"

Nextel 7100i Website (http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?audience=GENERAL_BUSINESS&id12=Business_Wireless;Phones&language=EN)

I really liked this feature, and helped me make my decision to get another 7520 or the 7100i. My wife i730 has it and it's great. Especially would be great on the BB since when someone 2-ways you, the call log screen go's away so fast, you have to scoll back to the call log to 2-way them back.

Not sure if it's a lie. It says "set your phone" but doesn't say what's involved with "set your phone". Clicking on call log could be equivalent to "set your phone". Once in there, all you do is hit the PTT button on a name.

It does drop out of the DC mode WAY to fast, needs a good 5 seconds more time in there. I figure it was done this way so you are not tied up in DC, which prevents data (e-mail) from coming in. They really should have a user defined timer for this.

Anyways, I setup my screen so messages is first icon, call log is second, and I make sure I'm up on one of the two so it's easy to get back to someone if I don't get to them before it drops out of DC mode.

Nextel User
10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
by pushing the green phone button once it will automatically highlight the last person in the log. if it was a dc, then just push the dc button and resume the conversation...i use it all the time on my 7100i

str8down
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
by pushing the green phone button once it will automatically highlight the last person in the log. if it was a dc, then just push the dc button and resume the conversation...i use it all the time on my 7100i

That is a great shortcut, thanks. But it still doesn't do what they say it will. Like I said, my wife 730i, she has it programmed that anytime she presses the DC button, it DC's me, unless she specifically chooses someone else. I wouldn't want it setup that way, but I would want it to DC the last person that DC'd me. So no other keys need to be pushed. pick up the phone, press the DC. You have pointed out a great shortcut, but that doesn't change the fact that they are advertising a lie. And along with the whole ringtone debacle, I would think you guys would be more pissed, like I am.

Nextel User
10-31-2005, 06:57 PM
i used to have an i730, and all the dc button did was, if the phone was still flipped closed, turn the light on the screen on. to get the most recent person i had to hit the button on the top of the phone...

wav ringtone support coming soon...

Dawg
10-31-2005, 08:06 PM
i have it set up on wifes phone to just press the button and it calls me same on kids 530s

BaronVonBB
11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I am confused as to how any of this adds up to 'advertising a lie'?

str8down
11-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Well, because they advertise it as a feature of the phone, and it's a lie, as the phone doesn't have that feature. Makes sense to me.

BaronVonBB
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I just tested this on a new 7100i that was just activated. From the call log screen I am able to press the DC button and it makes the call.

str8down
11-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah, from the call log screen not from ANY screen like it is supposed to do and does on the i730. And can you program it to DC a certain user at all times unless you specify otherwise? No you can't. Now stop being a jackass and trying to belittle me for features that I want, they promise, and don't deliver. Smart ass

BaronVonBB
11-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Methinks he dost protest too much?

teamcrn
11-01-2005, 03:08 PM
well get another phone sir..stop belaboring the point

Nextel User
11-01-2005, 05:05 PM
how did you set the dc button on the i730?

jdposhkus
11-01-2005, 08:49 PM
well get another phone sir..stop belaboring the point

and perhaps a hobby...it's a phone for chrissake....ever watch a truck ad on tv? HELLO!! Regular trucks don't jump a parking lot full of schoolbuses, whilst towing a bassboat.... or carry competing truck brands up a freaking mountain...manufacturers of products overstate (or lie as you say) about features and/or functionality deal with it.

millerd
11-02-2005, 10:06 PM
excel files has any one able to view these.They told me at the store i would be able to only view the files.

Nextel User
11-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I view excel files all the time. Send them as an attachment

KOCEJA
11-14-2005, 05:02 AM
I'm right there with ya. how do you set up the one touch DC??

Kwik TSi
01-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Not sure if it's a lie. It says "set your phone" but doesn't say what's involved with "set your phone". Clicking on call log could be equivalent to "set your phone". Once in there, all you do is hit the PTT button on a name.

It does drop out of the DC mode WAY to fast, needs a good 5 seconds more time in there. I figure it was done this way so you are not tied up in DC, which prevents data (e-mail) from coming in. They really should have a user defined timer for this.

Anyways, I setup my screen so messages is first icon, call log is second, and I make sure I'm up on one of the two so it's easy to get back to someone if I don't get to them before it drops out of DC mode.

Not to get off topic here but you said you setup your screen and were able to move the icons around.. How did you do this as I have been wanting to do it since i got my BB and cant figure out how.. Thank you

aseiter
01-01-2006, 07:17 PM
one of the few things I have figured out on this thing. hold down the ALT (up/down arrow key) and depress the trackwheel. should get a menu with "move application", "hide application", and "show all". you need to select the icon first.

Kwik TSi
01-02-2006, 02:34 AM
one of the few things I have figured out on this thing. hold down the ALT (up/down arrow key) and depress the trackwheel. should get a menu with "move application", "hide application", and "show all". you need to select the icon first.

Thank you sir

AlwaysOn607
01-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow aseiter, that is a great tip! Now I have moved my apps around to the order of preference. Thank you very, very much!!