PDA

View Full Version : BES and Chat messengers

Garias
03-21-2009, 04:21 AM
I want to clarify the following. I am on BES and I have installed 3 different personal emails additionally to the business one. I have also installed AIM+ messenger and Windows messenger.

I know that all emails can be retrievable from BES administrator, the same applies for chats as well? even though I dont save any discussion?

please clarify ....

rambo47
03-21-2009, 07:51 AM
You should assume that ANYTHING that goes through your BES connection can be viewed and logged by your BES admin. They may or may not be logging your chats but there is no way to know without just asking them.

Dubdub
03-21-2009, 08:06 AM
As Rambo says, always assume that it is monitored. There are posts on here from BES Admins asking how to do it due to pending litigation and other concerns.

The best policy to follow, IMHO, is to not put anything personal on a BES-connected device. If you feel the need for personal email and chat while working, get a personal device and pay for it yourself. These days, firms are looking for reasons to let staff go so don't do something to give them that option.

SteveO86
03-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Yes, they can even go as far as to disable those public chat programs if they want.