PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Messanger not working correctly on my BB

Nwest82
03-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Hello,
I have a Blackberry 8220 Pearl (Flip) using OS version 4.6.0.174 When I first got the phone I downloaded Windows Live Messager, (mobile version), and it worked fine. at some point I was having an issue with somthing so I called Rogers Tech. support and they told me to back-up my phone and reload the OS softwear. I did and ever since my Live messanger isn't working. When I sign-in everything seems to be working fine it tells me who is online etc. But when I try to have a converstation and send a message I get an error message stating "your message could not be sent, there is a problem with the server". However it can't be a server problem because at the same time it works on my desktop and all my friends phones. Does anyone know how I can get this fixed or has anyone experienced this problem before? I would really like to have my live messanger working again as I use it allot.

Thanks in advance
Nathan

akosnitzky
03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Its a flaky program.
I assume you did a battery pull after installing it.

Nwest82
03-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Its a flaky program.
I assume you did a battery pull after installing it.

Although I'm a newbie, I do know that the first thing you should do for diagonistics and to get you e-mails to come in after adding a new acount, ect. is to pull the battery, wait 10sec the reinstall and wait for the phone to reload.
Any other ideas?

Thanks
Nathan

PS: my Iheart internet radio will not work either every station I try will begin to buffer then I will get a message stating "unable to connect to stream" I was in a good coverage area with all bars on the EDGE network, any ideas about this problem as well? is it just me or do these smartphones have allot of various and spontanious glitches? Most of the gliches are usually not a huge glitch just small annoying things. Like somtimes when I record videos the recording will come out with a still picture of the begining but the audio will keep going, what gives with the BB's and this stuff anyway?

Nwest82
03-22-2009, 07:24 AM
bump, help?

Dubdub
03-22-2009, 08:20 AM
No need to bump.

As for your problem, have you done a search? There have been a lot of issues with Windows Live over the past few weeks. Too hard to keep up with them all, plus I don't use it.

Have you resent service books since the OS reload?