PDA

View Full Version : Home Screen - MMS?

artinhappiness
03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi all..new BB convert from a Treo, and already in love with my 8900. I do have an interesting question though (at least to me!). It seems when I get SMS/MMS messages, I have to go through a series of menus to access them instead of right on the home screen. Both my "Messages" and email icons (the first two icons on the home page) lead to my email. That seems a bit redundant, and I have no idea how to change that (or even if it's possible). Is there any way to reconfigure this home page to allow my SMS menu to be right on top?

Thanks in advance ;-)

mendez777
03-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100™)

You can move the sms/mms icon on top of your homepage.

ndub33
03-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Open your Messages screen and press the Menu key. From the sub menu, select "Options', then "General Options". Scroll to a field called "SMS and EMail Inboxes". Select "Separate". This should place a separate SMS/MMS icon on your home screen.

BCollins521
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
And then put your SMS/MMS Icon in the first "x" amount of icons on the application screen that is on your home screen...so if your using the default theme that has 5-6 icons...the first 5-6 icons in the application screen will be the 5-6 on your home screen

artinhappiness
03-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the help! I wasn't aware that I could move the icons around to customize that quick launch area. It seems this Blackberry is infinitely more customizable than my Treo ever was. Now I've got my SMS/MMS on top next to my email, and I'm much more satisfied.