PDA

View Full Version : Proper 7100t settings to read myspace mail

Novx21
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
7100t / T-Mobile

What should the proper browser configurations be to view Myspace mail? or view myspace in general? Has anyone messed with the settings?

The "refresh about 10+ times" doesn't work for me.

Thanks

Bordog
12-25-2005, 05:36 PM
I too was wondering this because when I try logging into myspace I get an error message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

JiGGa
12-26-2005, 03:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kurrupt_1
12-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing myself. I'm working with a 7100i from Nextel.

thewarlock
12-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

It's not really something that can be fixed on the blackberry, since it is more or less a problem with how myspace is coded.

kurrupt_1
12-28-2005, 09:26 AM
What is the difference in codeing? Is it something easy or something not worth while to look into for BB users?

paulbblc
12-28-2005, 03:20 PM
I am able to log in, check mail and respond however I cant add friend requests. It's really a hit or miss thing too. Some days I'm able to do all this and some days not. Myspace is a horribly coded site. Too many problems for them to be able to keep up with. You would think with the 580 million Tom sold it for he'd be able to hire a decent group of developers that could stay on the ball.

kurrupt_1
12-28-2005, 03:43 PM
If tom sold it for 580 million I bet he has nothing to do with it anymore!

paulbblc
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Actually yeah I guess he's in charge of it's development. If you check myspace as often as me (unfortunately) you'll see him post random site updates stating what they are fixing, upgrading, etc. Not too sure why he still has anything to do with it, could be since he (and his partner) created it he still wants to be part of it. It was sold to Rupert Murdoch of News Corp. (Fox News) for too much money.

andrebsd
12-28-2005, 05:23 PM
It's not a website coding thing; it's just that the pages are simply to huge (with all the text, flash, videos and what not) for the Blackberry browser to load it very well. Which is why you get "This page is to large for the device" and not "Error: whatever". So here's how I got myspace working.
-----
Loading myspace WITHOUT images
I went into the options, browser configuration, and set show images to no. That allowed me to login and do what I want for the most part... Some profiles that had loads of flash or java would still not work; and of course you could not view pictures within the profiles this way.

Loading myspace WITH images
The other solution, if you absolutely need images is shutdown *EVERYTHING* else. (All your programs: your instant messenger, your email client, your irc client, etc) Then i've managed to make the Blackberry browser load myspace.com with images and all the other fun stuff.

Bordog
12-29-2005, 04:22 AM
I was able to successfully log into myspace using the Berry411 method which was talked about by Concept here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19002&highlight=myspace