PDA

View Full Version : 7100i Bug Report (FOR 7100i ONLY!)

DSS597
10-31-2005, 09:49 PM
I just wanted to get a thread started where we can look in one place for all of the bugs with the 7100i. I've read a few posts where people have been pulling the battery for various reasons. Here's a list of some of the "bugs" that I've experienced with the 7100i so far:

1.) For no good reason the phone will just decide that it doesn't want to ring anymore. This also means that none of the alerts work either, and none of the sounds will play as you try to pick a new ring tone. I only noticed because I saw the screen light up with an incoming call and no ring. The remedy was to pull the battery.

2. I had an incident where I got two incoming phone calls seconds apart from one another, the BlackBerry didn't know how to handle it. I didn't answer the first call so the screen was up asking me if I want to accept the call. I didn't hit any buttons and the phone stopped ringing, but before the screen could clear another call came in as I was hitting a key (unknown) at the same time. It answered the second call and put it right to speaker phone. Here's the tripped out thing though, I couldn't get back to the phone screen yet I was still on the call. I was able to access everything else on the BlackBerry but the "phone" screen. There was nothing I could do until it was time to hang up. That was a bit buggy there.

So I was just curious if anyone else out there had legitimate "bug" stories with the 7100i?

(Just on a side note, knowing that it's not a "bug", I hate the fact that the DC clears so frickin' fast!)

O.S. v4.1.0.136

HDClown
10-31-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I installed I installed Yak-On Beta IM client and decided I didn't like it, so I removed it. It told me the phone had to be restarted so it did that (man does the phone take a LONG time to boot up!). After it was back up, my customizations to the profiles on the phone (such as Normal) where all back to the defaults.

I'm on software package 4.1.0.112

jnelson2000
10-31-2005, 10:18 PM
I have had the ringer issue as well. Also, for no apparent reason, my LED indicators stop working. Once I send myself an e-mail it starts blinking again.

Also, phone just rebooted out of the blue today. No data or phone activity, just a reboot.

bigfgjr1
10-31-2005, 10:18 PM
well the only complaint i have is that while using bb messenger my contact lists disapears ,so icant see the list and cant get it back unless i pull the battery out.

kurrupt_1
10-31-2005, 11:55 PM
wow, I don't have any of these issues.

MGO
11-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Works like a Charm (couldn't resist)!

ApacheBB
11-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Mine keeps loosing the voice mail number that I program into it. It will work fine for several days, then just disappear. I also had it reboot for no reason the other day. But I still love it.

str8down
11-01-2005, 11:23 AM
No bugs. Just plain lies about it's functionality. They should have said it could make you teleport too, then they would sell a whole bunch of them. As long as they are lying to make sales, might as well make it a big lie.

DSS597
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Let's keep this thread just about "bugs" that you may have found. It's great if your unit works just fine, but no need to post that here.

HDClown
11-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Can all of you posting to this thread please indicate what software package you are using? Without knowing the software version, it's hard to know why someone may, or may not have a problem.

propaneman
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
I had the same ringer problem as well but figured it out. If your phone is NOT ringing, look for the little yellow phone symbol that will appear underneath the clock. If you double click the end (red button) the symbol goes away and your phone will ring again. It was something to do with the way you end calls with the scroll button that will enable this feature. Hope this helps.

skj8100
11-01-2005, 12:55 PM
i keep losing contacts dc #'s. i will re-enter them then all of the sudden the old one is back along with the new duplicate one. software=4.1.0.112

1badss
11-01-2005, 01:03 PM
i keep losing contacts dc #'s. i will re-enter them then all of the sudden the old one is back along with the new duplicate one. software=4.1.0.112
I have that same issue with my 7520. I think it is an outlook issue but if anyone can help with this problem it would be great.

Nick P
11-01-2005, 01:05 PM
sometimes when i'm in the middle of a call the screen will be "frozen" i.e. i cannot change the volume or go my address book, etc.

anyone else experience this? very annoying

cecenst
11-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I am unable to install run the application loader from DM, it just hangs on reading radio software configuration. I am using DM 4.0 and the handheld software for the 7100i. Any suggestions....

Dawg
11-01-2005, 02:04 PM
has nothing to do with outlook has happened to the same contact five times today i renter it and it will be there go back a few mins later to call that person back and its gone again I havent synced today so cant be outlook problemI have that same issue with my 7520. I think it is an outlook issue but if anyone can help with this problem it would be great.

HDClown
11-01-2005, 05:24 PM
has nothing to do with outlook has happened to the same contact five times today i renter it and it will be there go back a few mins later to call that person back and its gone again I havent synced today so cant be outlook problem

There is another thread about this that is primarily related to people have the issue on 7520's. The thread had no conclusive info but people said you need to make sure the Radio # is visible in the Outlook contact. I tried that and no luck. I guess I will next try it so the Radio tab is hidden.

Setting either makes no sense, but I'll give it a shot.

Mr Pink57
11-01-2005, 06:57 PM
I am unable to install run the application loader from DM, it just hangs on reading radio software configuration. I am using DM 4.0 and the handheld software for the 7100i. Any suggestions....

Yes go to www.blackberry.com and upgrade your DM to 4.1 and see what that does.

Also issues I had where:

Freezing during call
Status Light going out
Screen Freeze
And not being able to get into my phone app

and I am on the same software as everyone else.

pink

harryzuluberries
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Okalee dokalee neighborinos! my 7100i bugs. first off, i'm on software ver. 4.1.0.136. now that that is out of the way...

1. when i first got my 7100i, i went into the profiles and changed the default "classic phone" ringtone to another of the (*wack) offerings. when the phone rang, it would still ring utilizing the "classic phone" ringtone. i pulled the battery and haven't had the problem since.

1. the next bug is my phone can completely "lose it's network connection" (as far as the graphic in the upper right corner) while in the middle of a call and not drop the call. so i'm on a call and the "nextel" banner is gone and data shows an "x." and along those same lines i've noticed that my 7100i does not hold a connection like my 7520 did. in places where the 7520 would go to no bars but still be connected to the network, my 7100i loses the connection. i've found this phone to lose its connection way more frequently than my 7520 did. the only reason this hasn't become problematic yet is that it usually only happens for seconds and the only reason i notice is because my bt earpiece starts beeping when the connection is dropped.

still like the phone, though the build quality doesn't seem as hearty as my 7520, but i would expect that from a phone that is more consumer oriented, thus more disposable, imo. but i digress..........

*wack= not good; undesirable; also see: not the bomb

skj8100
11-01-2005, 11:25 PM
i get that problem too just forgot to mention earlier. very annoying though

The H
11-02-2005, 01:24 AM
So far for me:

- Frozen screen
- Stops ringing out of the blue (it happened the first couple of days I had it, but haven't happen again)

hi-tech
11-02-2005, 01:36 AM

I had this problem on my 7520. Everytime I did a cold reboot (remove the battery)...I would re-enter and get the duplicate DC's for this one contact.

I assumed it was some kind of data corruption...What I did was delete 'all' the DC's for that contact...Save the contact (with no DC)...(cant remember if I did the hard reboot after that or not)...then enter the DC#... save contact again....reboot just to test...hasn't done it since.

7100i - no bugs thus far.

mas90guru
11-02-2005, 05:24 AM
1. Dropping signal from NXTL to X sporadically - though it does seem to happen mostly in an area of fringe signal - and at least once in an area where my 7520 used to drop.

2. Losing status light

martin_j001
11-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I've got 4.1.0.136....

1. I do notice that it seems to go in and out of service more often than the 7520 did, but it doesn't stay that way for long and it also does seem to be in fringe areas as well. I also notice that the status light is still green sometimes when I have no bars and an "x" for data, and messages are still shown as sent with a check mark next to them on occasion when I try to send with the bb in this status.

2. I changed my phone ring tone and noticed that all the rest of my profile settings were restored to default for some reason.

3. Had the status light stop working once, went into settings turned it off and back on again and its worked fine since.

4. During use of BBMessenger, I tend to get no alerts of incoming emails or other incoming messages....

5. Also have had "NXTL" go to "NXTl" a few times, did a master reset and its fine....

DSS597
11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Can all of you posting to this thread please indicate what software package you are using? Without knowing the software version, it's hard to know why someone may, or may not have a problem.
I was thinkin' since this post is for the 7100i ONLY, it's pretty safe to say that the BlackBerry handheld software OS will be 4.1.

I see your point though, 4.1.xxxx.

DSS597
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I have a new one to add! Phone ringer just changes completely. I set it to ring tone "A" and it will ring just fine for a while, then for no reason ring tone "C" will be the ring tone. Pullin' the battery now...

Ahhhh, just figured out it was the profile that changed on its own, from loud to normal. I touched nothing, did it all on its own!!

DC Wuff
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm on 4.1.0.136...

My main "bug" is not with the BB itself, but with the Desktop Manager Software. I'm running Windows XP and Office/Outlook 2003, and any time the DM software references one of the field names from Outlook, it's all gibberish -- looks almost like an attempt at an Asian font.

I've never installed anything -- even by accident -- and selected a language other than English.

Any ideas?

War Eagle
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I have a new one to add! Phone ringer just changes completely. I set it to ring tone "A" and it will ring just fine for a while, then for no reason ring tone "C" will be the ring tone. Pullin' the battery now...

Ahhhh, just figured out it was the profile that changed on its own, from loud to normal. I touched nothing, did it all on its own!!
Mr ringer changes every 2nd or 3rd day. It will ring with 2 tones at once! Pulling battery works for a couple days then it does it again (n)

stonent
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
sometimes when i'm in the middle of a call the screen will be "frozen" i.e. i cannot change the volume or go my address book, etc.

anyone else experience this? very annoying
I've seen it all phones before.

DSS597
11-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Mr ringer changes every 2nd or 3rd day. It will ring with 2 tones at once! Pulling battery works for a couple days then it does it again (n)
Yo!! I totally forgot about that! Mine did the double ring thing too the other day!!! What a trip huh!! Pulled the battery yet again to clear it up but we obviously shouldn't have to do that, it should just work properly.

I'm very glad I started this thread now and see that it's not just me.

DSS597
11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Here's another small one. Went to turn the blinking LED off on ALL of my profiles, it just kept on working. Did the pull the battery routine and it still kept on blinking. Just looked at it about an hour later, the blinking LED has stopped. Ha, ha. Ohhh booooy!

The funny thing is my 7100t is right on point. I didn't have any bugs with that one.

More to come?

SlinkRN
11-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I was just reading through this thread since my brand new phone wasn't working and the support by phone said that it was because the Palatine service was out. Well, after reading this thread I decided to pop the battery and now my phone works fine! So much for phone support - I would have been waiting for days thinking service was out :-o when a simple battery pop worked instantly!

stonent
11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
You should have done that before calling support. Rule #1 for fixing anything always reboot first.

Nick P
11-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I've seen it all phones before.
so you experience this with your BB? or is it safe to asume this problem will/can be corrected with a firmware update?

stonent
11-02-2005, 07:35 PM
so you experience this with your BB? or is it safe to asume this problem will/can be corrected with a firmware update?

I think it's just when the phone gets bogged down, nothing a firmware upgrade can fix. Only a faster cpu. The 8700 cpu is much faster.

europamo
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Im not sure if this is a device bug or a Nextel problem. When on speakerphone and dialing options such as my password for Voicemail, it does not allow all the keys to be pressed before it says Invalid entry. I went through the phone cue this morning to get my replacement unit and the system would not recognize me pushing the keys. It asked me 4 times for my phone number.

Anyone else?

MrKyoo
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Im not sure if this is a device bug or a Nextel problem. When on speakerphone and dialing options such as my password for Voicemail, it does not allow all the keys to be pressed before it says Invalid entry. I went through the phone cue this morning to get my replacement unit and the system would not recognize me pushing the keys. It asked me 4 times for my phone number.

Anyone else?
Iíve been experiencing the same issues. Sometimes my pw works and then sometimes it doesnít.

Go figure?

-MrKyoo

Jophus0124
11-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I get the problem that the signal goes out in an area that my 7520 had no problem theres an X but the status light is blinking green, Plus also i loose DC#.

DSS597
11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Iíve been experiencing the same issues. Sometimes my pw works and then sometimes it doesnít.

Go figure?

-MrKyoo
Yes, this happens to me too when trying to check voicemail via speakerphone. Not sure if it's a "bug" but it's something that needs to be fixed. I end up putting in my password first then put it on speakerphone.

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.

fliedlice
11-21-2005, 02:32 AM
only ones I have are

freezing during a call
cant enter my password when on speakerphone

im on 4.1.0.136

bradyc
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
1)I am unable to view the monthly view on the 7100i. It just freezes for a few mins and then I have to do a reset by removing the battery. What is the key-combo for rebooting the 7100i

2) Is there a TeleNav for the 7100i? The GUI using the 7520 sw is not correct (fills only half the screen of the 7100i)

tmushy
11-21-2005, 01:15 PM
5. Also have had "NXTL" go to "NXTl" a few times, did a master reset and its fine....

Someone else said they had this problem. I have had it a few times and its quite annoying. It stops working out of no where and has full signal. very weird!

amnjc
11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I had the DC number disappear/reappear problem once, and it has not done it again since.

I however have a bad screen. I posted this elsewhere and I do not think it is a software bug, but I'm sending it back or doing a swap, etc. as about every 5th time it powers the screen down it flashes like a flash on a camera (well maybe not that bright). So the one I get tomorrow will probably have a great screen but a trade off with other problems. Ugh!!!!!!

kazoolemur
11-25-2005, 04:21 PM
I just wanted to get a thread started where we can look in one place for all of the bugs with the 7100i. I've read a few posts where people have been pulling the battery for various reasons. Here's a list of some of the "bugs" that I've experienced with the 7100i so far:

1.) For no good reason the phone will just decide that it doesn't want to ring anymore. This also means that none of the alerts work either, and none of the sounds will play as you try to pick a new ring tone. I only noticed because I saw the screen light up with an incoming call and no ring. The remedy was to pull the battery.

2. I had an incident where I got two incoming phone calls seconds apart from one another, the BlackBerry didn't know how to handle it. I didn't answer the first call so the screen was up asking me if I want to accept the call. I didn't hit any buttons and the phone stopped ringing, but before the screen could clear another call came in as I was hitting a key (unknown) at the same time. It answered the second call and put it right to speaker phone. Here's the tripped out thing though, I couldn't get back to the phone screen yet I was still on the call. I was able to access everything else on the BlackBerry but the "phone" screen. There was nothing I could do until it was time to hang up. That was a bit buggy there.

So I was just curious if anyone else out there had legitimate "bug" stories with the 7100i?

(Just on a side note, knowing that it's not a "bug", I hate the fact that the DC clears so frickin' fast!)

O.S. v4.1.0.136
When I first got this last week I had the same issue. But when I changed profiles, I got the ringer back. So it's definatly a flag in the software. Most likely a memory overwrite issue. I am sure blackberry will find it soon and update the OS.

amnjc
11-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Bug = When in calendar application using agenda view if I scroll too fast it will jump waaaaay too far ahead (from December to April). I also noticed that when I scrolled a little slower it was still incorrect. It went from December 7th to the 20th or something.

Yes, I do have things listed in various dates in between both December 7th to the 20th and before April when it takes the big leap. It makes the agenda view borderline unuseable. It even did it when I used the buttons to advance by a single day.

I'll guess I'll try the removal of the battery.....
[Edit] - Removal of battery did not work - it jumps from the 6th to the 20th even though there are other entries in between.

Rant = I'm starting to miss my 7520. It is nice having it smaller and more phone like but it does seem "cheaper" (I have small areas already forming at the bottom corners of the bezel around the screen I guess from taking it in and out of the felt lined leather holster - that is pretty pathetic in only 2 weeks time) and more buggy. I know it is a new device and new software OS but still.......I had to RMA my 7520 a couple of times due to defects and this one still has the screen issue and other problems. Granted it does not reset daily/hourly like a lot of Treo users complain about, but it seems like RIM is slacking off a little.

Okay I am done now.

Nextel User
11-29-2005, 05:26 AM
I'm on 4.1.0.136...

My main "bug" is not with the BB itself, but with the Desktop Manager Software. I'm running Windows XP and Office/Outlook 2003, and any time the DM software references one of the field names from Outlook, it's all gibberish -- looks almost like an attempt at an Asian font.

I've never installed anything -- even by accident -- and selected a language other than English.

Any ideas?

that usually happens with cracked or stolen software. like office 2003. reinstall from the original cd and it will go away

mas90guru
11-29-2005, 05:49 AM
1. Can't enter voicemail password while on speakerphone
2. Sporadically the incoming email notification won't work
3. Signal fluctuation
4. Signal goes to 'x' but am still talking on the phone
5. Often get a "call failed" if I try to call soon after receiving/sending an email - I think this would happen on my 7520 and I think may be related to the device still sending/receiving in the background
6. Service indicator doesn't seem to relate to anything except for incoming emails - it will change from green->red when I receive a new email. If I travel outside a coverage area it remains blinking green even when I do not have cellular service.

GeneAlexander
11-29-2005, 08:23 AM
my 7100i does the signal thing too. i can set it on the table and watch the signal go from full signal to "X" periodically. i even noticed it during calls. however, i have never dropped a call when the signal drops to "X".

i own 3 nextel phones (the other two lines are motorola phones). i can tell you that the moving signal bar is normal for nextels, especially indoors. however, when the motorola phones lose all signal, they drop the calls guaranteed. my 7100i has yet to do so.

still, it is strange that the phone can show that there is no network signal during a call and you still be connected with great sound quality.

EDIGITAL45
11-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Its Like I Never Released The Ptt Button Cause People Can Still Hear Me For Up To 30sec After I Released The Button And I Know Its Not The Button Cause When I Push The Button While Its Acting Up The Arrow Reponds And Goes Off Real Fast. Help Please.

amnjc
11-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Well I figured out my calendar bug, sort of.

I have my calendar on Agenda view as most of us do. I also selected to incorporate the tasks. Out of curiousity I deselected this and the calendar now scrolls correctly. Before it would just scroll to the next date that there was a listed task and disregard if there were things in the datebook in between.

Not exactly ideal....?

nmyron
12-02-2005, 05:36 AM
I had this problem on my 7520. Everytime I did a cold reboot (remove the battery)...I would re-enter and get the duplicate DC's for this one contact.

I assumed it was some kind of data corruption...What I did was delete 'all' the DC's for that contact...Save the contact (with no DC)...(cant remember if I did the hard reboot after that or not)...then enter the DC#... save contact again....reboot just to test...hasn't done it since.

7100i - no bugs thus far.
I was told from Nextel Tech support that this is a defect in the way Outlook contact information is handled by the 7100. I deleted the contact, then readded them to the BB manually, then deleted the contact from outlook, and re-synched, so outlook would take the contact as new, and hasn't been a flaw since, and that has been the only prob I've had from my 7100. All it needs now is a back scratcher and a coffee maker, and it'll be an eligible replacement for my old lady :razz:

GoblueNextel
12-02-2005, 09:04 AM
1. Can't enter voicemail password while on speakerphone

Same here. I have tried the automatic entry where it has 2 pauses and 4 pauses. It seems it never works with 2 pauses, but will 7/10 times with 4.

GOBLUE

mchlwvr614
12-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Yesterday I tried dialing a contact who had a number, pause, then extension, and it didnt work properly. I remember reading, maybe in this thread, someone thought it had to do with bad dtmf tones.

GoblueNextel
12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Yesterday I tried dialing a contact who had a number, pause, then extension, and it didnt work properly. I remember reading, maybe in this thread, someone thought it had to do with bad dtmf tones.

I assuming this works ok WITHOUT speaker phone enabled?

mchlwvr614
12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
No, It didnt work without speakerphone enabled. Since it is a clients #, I didnt want to keep calling the number to try and figure out whats wrong. I will try later tonight when everyone has left work and try a different number I have with a pause and extension.

BBDEALER
12-19-2005, 12:51 PM
my phone comes up with a jvm 102 error it is a 7100I Im not sure if it is a bug or error or what it is as if it is in a continous loop of some sort and it ask me to reset. If this has been addressed I apologize for being redundant but I didnt find the posting can someone help please

NewBee Wins
12-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Version 4.1.0.136 having problems with password & profiles changing. Also, problems with lost service, NXTL changes to X & will stay out for extended periods of time. I know it's off the subject, but how do you post your pin along with your contact info?

PIN:400DFA43

DSS597
12-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Update: I had Nextel send me a new 7100i and I haven't had one problem "bug" wise since.

wyney
12-24-2005, 02:06 AM
the only that i have had with my phone is the volume. whatever volume i had my phone on (while on a call or DC) before i ended the call. thats what it will be stuck on when my 2nd call comes in. so i often have to take my DC off of speaker cuz i can't turn the mofo down.

NewBee Wins
12-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (7100I: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

You can cancel the volume feature. You've got it set for the volume of the last call.

fliedlice
12-26-2005, 01:34 AM
I am insanely pist with my phone right now!

I dropped it pretty hard the other day (it bounces!!) and from that point ive had people telling me I sound muffled or ill cut out at random times (while having full signal) I have to dial my voice mail three or four times before it will actually connect me to my voice mail. these problems are all probably from the phone being dropped and the one time I spilled beer on it. but it still makes me mad....I might be joining a PPC forum tomorrow if nextel doesnt tell me what I want to hear

europamo
12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
I have not lost my DC #'s until now. And its only random contacts, like my wifes DC, which is good.

SimpleComplex
12-27-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm new here, so pardon my lack of protocol convention, but I do have a few bugs that I think I've seen so far, but also a couple new ones. Hoping someone can help if I've just not set-up my BB correctly:

Already-said "Bugs":
1. Multiple incoming phone call problem --same as those posted, when my BB receives 2 calls simultaneously (at least 2-3 seconds of each other) the second call goes directly to speaker and I can't deactivate it or click anything.

2. Java problem alert --same as one post earlier, but I can't remember the message that appeared but something about a "Java Exception" problem when all I did was click the Message center to view an incoming e-mail.

3. Password not accepted on speakerphone --same problem as those also stated. But it appears to be a Nextel problem because I check my bank account balances while fully on speakerphone and those are accepted all the time; ditto for my corporate voicemail.

4. Inattentive LED --I dunno if what was posted earlier meant exactly what I'm experiencing, but in certain instances when I receive messages (SMS, MMS and/or e-mails, including missed calls) I can only assume the LED will blink red, because if a calendar reminder or an alarm or another "notice" not one of the "message" triggers, the LED color will change back to green. So without the screen being re-triggered, I won't then be alerted to any un-read messages.

New "Bugs":
1. Direct Connect Iffy --I can't tell if it's a bug in software or just a way Nextel transmits Direct Connect numbers. But I have DC numbers (full area of xxx*x*xxxx) stored in both the "notes" section of my Outlook, and also the BB "DC" field into which I manually transferred all DC numbers as well (all populated into the BB contacts list, by desktop synchro). But when I receive incoming DCs from users (whose numbers are saved), it's hit-or-miss if the BB recognizes the full number and says who the DC is from. However, my experience has been that if I open the call entry log and view my Direct Connect entries in the messages folder, highlight the number (as transmitted by Nextel) in that log and then copy from there into the Contact list (even if it's the same, exact numbers & asterisks), my call log will then recognize who the DC is from, and in the future, will also recognize. Has anyone had this happen to them?

2. Unknown Message Icon --On the 2nd day of activation, I sent a text message to a friend on another carrier, and when the message was sent, the normal blue checkmark showed, but with it cradling an uppercase 'D'. In neither of the Nextel Getting Started guides, or any other Blackberry guides that I've been able to look at, I can't find that icon. And what makes it more strange is that, sending messages now to this same contact doesn't result in a 'D' being marked with the checkmark. I'm assuming this has something to do with "Delivered" or similar, but I don't get that specific D-based icon any longer no matter how I change my message options.

I'm on 4.1.0.136, if that makes a difference to anyone.

GeneAlexander
12-27-2005, 05:26 PM
4.1.0.136 here on both my 7100i. I experiance a lot of these bugs. But not all of the ones listed. Here's what I get:
Most often, the phone will stop ringing, alerts, and so on. Very annoying. It happens about once every other week. Pulling the battery resets it. This happens to both my phones.

Also, my 1st phone will forget my wifes dc number just like stated earlier. And its only her number that it happens to. What a coincidence! And when I reprogram it in, the phone suddenly "remembers" the dc and then I'll have a duplucate to delete. Keep in mind, this only happens after I pull the battery to reset the phone from another problem. This has not happened on my second phone yet.

My first phone loses the blinking led about once every other week. Battery pull fixes it then I get to play with my wifes dc number again. I haven't noticed this with the second phone.

My second phone will refuse to successfully send out mms messages periodically. Again, it happens about once every other week. I just get the red X and a message saying "message failed". And ofcourse, pulling the battery fixes it.

I posted earlier that I get the signal problem and sometimes I lose all signal and will be at "X" while I am still on a call or even sending a message without droping the call. This is with both phones.

But strangest of all is the one where I will be in dc with someone and then every once in a while, the connection will stay open! And it will happen both ways! Sometimes people can continue to hear me and sometimes I can continue to hear other people. And I can assure you, I know how to let go of the dc button. Let me tell you other 7100i users that if you are anything like me, you'll get into the habit of using the "end" button after each dc transmision. It keeps me out of trouble.

I have not had any problems with double ringers, calender dates, or any screen freezing. <knocks on wood for safe measure>
I hope an update is released that will address atleast some of these issues. But until then, I still remain loyal to nextel and blackberry! Even with all these bugs, I still love this thing!

GeneAlexander
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I almost forgot. On my second phone, I am starting to get these very small black "scuffs?" at the very bottom corners of the window over the screen. Very strange because I have only had this phone for three weeks and I only use it about once a day when I get home from work. Other than that, it sits on my nightstand all day. My first phone shows no such sign of wear and tear and I have had it for two months now and I use it every day and I must pull it out atleast 30-40 times a day. Both phones have the factory holsters they came with in the box. Vinyl I think...

GeneAlexander
12-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh yea, one more thing. That little sensor or magnet thingy in the holster will shift and move on you if you use the factory holster as often as I do. I noticed that my phone would not lock when I holstered it and that's when I found that it shifted down about half an inch. I simply rub it back into place with a finger once a day. (sorry if that sounds graphic)

amnjc
12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Myself, as well as others, are having the paint chipping problem. I use the leather RIM case for the 7100 series phones. It is lined with basically black felt and that is apparently what is rubbing off the paint.

I quite frankly think it is a crock! I have babied every BB I have ever had as I doubt they are all that tough (I did drop my 7520 once on the sidewalk and it was fine). So as I answer a lot of calls and emails it has rubbed off some of the paint in the lower corners of the area around the screen. Now since RIM designed a BB to go to sleep when in the holster/case and you therefore have to put it in a holster/case to save battery life, etc. that would mean there would be a lot of friction going in and out of the holster/case. My response to that is DUH! Why would they not then make the front a little more durable.

mdprotector
12-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Only real bug I have with the unit is that the paint around the edge of the screen is flaking off. The unit is only a week old.....weird.. :???:

pllobell
12-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes, this happens to me too when trying to check voicemail via speakerphone. Not sure if it's a "bug" but it's something that needs to be fixed. I end up putting in my password first then put it on speakerphone.

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.

Same problem here. It actually got me thinking that I was putting in the wrong password.

04navi
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
No bugs for me but i do hate how the DC clears so damn fast...(side note.. 1st post!!)

tmushy
01-03-2006, 05:23 AM

Anyone else?

I have had and still have this issue all the time. We really need a firmware fix soon.

I have also had every other bug everyone else has mentioned. THE FRUSTRATION

DougWare
01-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I have seen the following problems on my Nextel 7100i:

Ringers/alerts just stop working until the phone is reset

I entered my sister's DC number (she got her phone for Christmas) in my address book, I went to DC her on Monday and the entry was gone. I could see where I had talked to her in my call history through DC and it even showed her name with the two little phones, but I couldn't find the DC info anywhere, including the call history detail. Highlighting her name in the history and pressing the PTT button also just caused the cursor to jump back up to the line to enter a phone number.

Using Telenav is great, when it works. About once a week I have to perform a Master Radio Reset because Telenav says I can't contact the Telenav Server (Reason 6)

This weekend I had the strangest problem. I charged my phone for 24 hours and the battery strenght never came up...it went down. I couldn't even turn the wireless on because it said the battery was too low. I took it home and charged it through the USB cable for 12 hours, same thing. After finding all the Nextel stores closed on Sat, I just decided to take the battery out and wait 30 seconds and try again. I popped the battery back in and it showed a full charge....it work immediately.

I have owned a lot of different cell phones...LG, Sanyo, Handspring, PalmOne and Samsung. I have never seen an embedded OS that's this buggy out in the open.

Doug

roadrunner2524
01-03-2006, 10:07 AM
How do you add a personal signature to your blackberry 7100i?

GoblueNextel
01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
How do you add a personal signature to your blackberry 7100i?

See HERE. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php?)

roadrunner2524
01-03-2006, 10:23 AM
thanks

rongallon
02-11-2006, 01:38 AM
My BB just reboots very often. Is there a fix for that yet?

sYnOnYx
02-17-2006, 06:07 AM
i have my bluetooth on all the time unless im sleeping, and sometimes when i goto use the phone, select a contact to call and it goes to handset instead of bluetooth when it should goto bluetooth , when the bluetooth is there and recognized...hm. and sometimes it works properly and goes straight to the bluetooth headset like i want it to.

srl7741
02-17-2006, 07:35 AM
See HERE. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php?)

To add your signature to your email go to the web client here, http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/blackberry/internet_email_service.shtml

look on the right side of the screen, select access blackberry email service. After signing in your able to change or add such options through the web client. I don't remember all the clicks after the log in but i do know it's there.

hope this helps?

DrinkGuinness
02-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I am sorry to hear that about all of you all's phones, but I have had not one problem. I got my phone in Oct. and nothing has happened. I had a 7520 and it to had no problems. I guess I am one of the lucky few.

oldpirate
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I also have very few problems. However, I also can't enter the voicemail password while on speakerphone -- whether it's calling the Nextel VM or my office phone system VM or my home VM.

I suspect the microphone is picking up the tones from the speaker in sort of a feedback loop and interpreting them incorrectly. If you turn the speaker down very low and place your thumb over the speaker, it works.

go2duke
02-17-2006, 06:19 PM
i have my bluetooth on all the time unless im sleeping, and sometimes when i goto use the phone, select a contact to call and it goes to handset instead of bluetooth when it should goto bluetooth , when the bluetooth is there and recognized...hm. and sometimes it works properly and goes straight to the bluetooth headset like i want it to.

Does the BT icon at the top show "paired" ? I have seen this on some BT BB's and it usually happens when the headset gets out of range and comes back into range and doesn't seem to sync back up correctly.

-G2D

butterfly2006
03-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I am using the 7105t with TMO ver 4.1...not their upgrade...my call log sometimes emails msgs keeps dissappering..I miss a call then I go to view and the phone log is empty...or i will get new voicemails then go to view and nothing...I think I might have a ghost in the machine!!!Is there any help out there or advice..I tried pulling battery/SIM card...wiping handheld....uninstall 4.1 desktop and handheld software from computer reinstalling and still the same...

sYnOnYx
03-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Does the BT icon at the top show "paired" ? I have seen this on some BT BB's and it usually happens when the headset gets out of range and comes back into range and doesn't seem to sync back up correctly.

-G2D

yea, it shows paired...... all the time .

my phone stays in the pocket and my BT stays on my ear all the time.

jswaney
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I have had the same problem with the phone not ringing...

skipv
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Anybody know how the find key works on the 7100I

JMAN71
03-08-2006, 09:31 AM
I had this with my phone. I gutted the software and reinstalled it. It worked fine for 1 1/2 weeks and then got the jvm 102 error again. I did this about 4 times, and finally got another. Ive have not had a problem since. And even being on the phone with support, they even say to do the same thing that it is the phone.

djdonnyk
03-08-2006, 10:39 AM
The only issue that I have had is a JVM 120 error code.

I had to go to blackberry site to search for a fix and I did find it, working fine so far.

komara
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I haven't seen this as a reported bug yet, but Nextel is aware of it--the network time is one hour off. In other words, when it is really 6:30PM Central time, the network time says it is 5:30PM--really annoying for me and anyone who has to travel a great deal.

Blackhawk
03-09-2006, 03:08 PM
I orginally had a 7100I and had a problem with the microphone which got me a refurbished phone from nextel. I then had a software issue with that phone it didn't work. So then i got a new one. My problem is this every time I try and download yahoo messger onto the phone it says my 7100 I isn't compatible. I have the latest blackberry desktop software and software for my phone. Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks.

li2327
03-10-2006, 11:46 PM
I hope you can help. I can't connect to any I'm clients including ramble and WebMessenger. Please help.

hdrules59
03-22-2006, 10:08 PM
HELP HELP HELP
DOES anyone know of a program that will read the BB backup file and let you put it back in MS outlook 2003?????

Uncaught exception -1

7100i will not sync and also will not load back up

When I try to go to the address book it freezes then screen goes blank

this is the second BB 7100i do this to me...

anyone had this... 1400 contacts down the drain...

Nextel User
03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
how did all the contacts get erased from outlook??????

kurrupt_1
03-23-2006, 11:14 PM
that really bites. I have lost just as many before cause a sales person told me they can swap my contacts and just erased all of them right before my very eyes. And the response I got after they did that was "WOW", "I never saw that happen before"

brownhead
03-24-2006, 07:24 AM
hey fellas - on my old BB7520 - i had the option of choosing a pic that would be displayed upon the locking of the berry. Looks like on the 7100i - i do not have the option - or am i missing it??? let me know right now all i get is the B logo for Blackberry. Thanks in advance

note - Nextel bb support says thats the default but I wanted to check with you guys cuz you know these guys are on some other planet :)

peace!

ddl1970
03-24-2006, 06:51 PM
I cannot disable this firewall and the tech supoport from TMOBILE they are idiots
I need some help maybe if i wipe it clean that will help

darkster
04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
I just found this site and wish I had before I bought 14 7100i's. My life has been hell since they lauched! I am on 4.1.136 as everyone else is. I've gone through the multi ring tone issue (two at a time-had to contact suppor t on that one, learned to set the profile to off, power down the phone, change the profile to normal ( or whatever one the user was using), then reboot the phone againwhich also fixes the lose of voicemail notification error. My latest batch of errors (three this week is the JVM 102 error which I am currently trying to fnd a fix for without having to run down to the Sprint store.

I miss my 7100t right now...

withermage
04-07-2006, 02:21 PM
3 pages so far not sure if I missed a post, but the biggest(and smallest...) over all DUMBEST bug of all on this entire phone is the fact that the browser refuses to let you download .wav files to save as ringtones. It's totally absurd and obnoxious, and the fact that it's been like 6 months since the problem was first recognized and it's still not fixed is beyond me.

How can the release the 4.1.136 manual with a section on page 14 telling people how to downlaod/save .wav files for ringtones when they quite obviously cannot.... and they can't even pretend like they don't know about the issue, I think many a person from these forums themselves have made the issue widely known to them.

JulianTReeves
04-07-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm on 4.1.0.136...

Any ideas?

I had this experience last night when I attempted to upgrade my OS and handheld software. I had been using the latest software for the 7520. When I purchased the 7100i, I was able to synchronize and transfer all my Outlook data to the 7100i with no problem. However, when I removed the old Desktop Manager/Handheld software and installed the new (4109dt-ml.exe for the DM, and the rather long filename that begins "7100iM..." and ends with "..._SprintNextel.exe," I got the gibberish in the field names when I configured the applications.

I had this problem once with the 7520. I found advice on the forum to uninstall and reinstall the BB software, ensuring that I had cleaned the windows registry and deleted all RIM/BB/synch directories and files from the HD. It worked fine then, but it didn't work when I tried it last night. I will work on it some more this evening.

BTW, I set up the same SW files on my work computer. The differences are that the work box is running Win2k and I have XP Pro at home, and the work machine has Outlook 2002-SP3 and the home machine has Outlook 2003. Everything works fine at work. I think Outlook 2003 is the culprit.

Mikes88Stang
04-08-2006, 11:02 PM
"But strangest of all is the one where I will be in dc with someone and then every once in a while, the connection will stay open! And it will happen both ways! Sometimes people can continue to hear me and sometimes I can continue to hear other people. And I can assure you, I know how to let go of the dc button. Let me tell you other 7100i users that if you are anything like me, you'll get into the habit of using the "end" button after each dc transmision. It keeps me out of trouble."

Dont forget to mention the indication arrow on the top left does not show up even when the phone is stuck in TX mode. This has almost got me in trouble a few times too.

I have a system input error when looking though my contacts. The system resets quickly and I then resume what I was doing.

All my other issues have already been covered.

ghettogirl11433
04-09-2006, 08:49 PM
i need a progam or a site where i can get ringtones someone please help me.I have a 7100i

Email me at dynastypoo23@<hidden>

JGargas
04-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I have that same issue with my 7520. I think it is an outlook issue but if anyone can help with this problem it would be great.

I have this issue except it puts an extra * in the number. So if it was 111*10*111, on my BB every now and then it does this... 111**10*111. That's annoying. Might be an Outlook issue too.

Software= 4.1.0.136

a12b12c12
04-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I find that almost half of the calls I make that require an extension or like a tech support line that require option 1 for english etc..... Those do not work all the time. I can call from a different cell or from a land line it works fine, i call back from my 7100i and it doesnt recognize it. Is very very frusterating I have os 4.1 and was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks

JGargas
04-10-2006, 02:20 PM
I find that almost half of the calls I make that require an extension or like a tech support line that require option 1 for english etc..... Those do not work all the time. I can call from a different cell or from a land line it works fine, i call back from my 7100i and it doesnt recognize it. Is very very frusterating I have os 4.1 and was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks

Make sure you are not on speakerphone when pushing those buttons. The noise from the buttons, when on speakerphone, interferes with the microphone so it mutes it.

a12b12c12
04-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I am using a blue tooth adapter most of the time. But I have noticed it on speaker as well.

Desertberry
04-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm on 4.1.136

I don't know if this counts as a bug or an error. But my blackberry started reboot on its own for no reason that I could explain. Then it happend again and again and finnaly it wouldn't turn on. I took out the battery for about an hour came back and it turned on like it was a brand new phone with none of my contacts, calender info etc....
It did show a couple of different codes. One was 535 and I think 331.

wader_China
04-11-2006, 07:56 AM
I have had the ringer issue as well. Also, for no apparent reason, my LED indicators stop working. Once I send myself an e-mail it starts blinking again.

Also, phone just rebooted out of the blue today. No data or phone activity, just a reboot.

I got the same problem when i was in the office, but it didn't happen when i was in the apartment. It is strange.

painpour
04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I had a 7100i and my DC would stay on even after I would release the button. It drove me insane the only way I could fix it was to pull the battery.

pej
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM
We've got one 7100i that has hit the "JVM Error 102" a couple of times. The user thinks it's related to letting the battery die completely, but I'm not so sure.

Firmware is v4.1.0.136

102 Invalid code in filesystem

The system has checked the .COD files in the handheld for modification, and determined that there is a problem with one or more .COD files.

If all loads fail, it could indicate a build process error where there was a problem signing the codfiles.

If some user action to the device caused this problem, the reset cycle will be continuous since the code in the filesystem has been corrupted. The only recovery method is to wipe the device and restore a new system.

And just now as I finished reloading firmware on the device and watched it Enterprise Activate for a while, it died suddenly with "JVM Error 535". RIM shows:

535 VM_UNUSED_535: Unused Unused vm error.

But we know that's a lie, because they are using it after all ;-)

We have a number of other 7100i's that are reasonably well behaved.

oldpirate
04-12-2006, 08:40 AM
I just noticed that my Nextel BB 7100i does not react to time zone changes when entering a different time zone. That's irritating! Went from eastern to central and two other people with me (on cingular, and nextel) picked up the new time zone just fine. What's wrong with the BB?

jchaters
04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
My 7100 from Bell will ask me for a password for someone else (different name everytime) while I am using the web or email. I have to pull the battery to reset. I have no password set. Only started in the last month but has happened 4 or 5 times. Anyone experience this or have a fix? Thanks Jim

WiGuy
04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
I have had a problem with my 7100i and the JVM error codes.

I am assuming that this is some sort of Java Issue, probably pertaining to file system integrity.

I had this happen within 2 weeks of getting my BB, and with our tight IT policy I coulnd not Re-install the software until I got home.

Then, last weekend I was on the phone, re-holstered it, grabbed BB to order pizza and "JVM Error Reset" was all that was displayed. This time I could not get the BB to re install the OS, it seemed to stall right where it backsup the old app data in the wipe process.

This has happened 2 times since the 1st of FEB. and once on a completley stock unit. The 1st time I had a couple of the themes and Java Apps that i thought were the culprit, but the 2nd time this happened I had just what comes pre-loaded on BB.

Anyone have a JVM error, or know what causes this to repeat?

pd105
04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I switched to the 7100i from the 7210 and have had the ringer change as well. For a while the classic ring tone would ring at the same time as the custom tone (bach) would. Also I can't stop the ring at all. Even if I have the phone ring set to "off", the classic ring tone will still work. I have to shut the phone completely off to silence it. Also the screen icon to show that I have voice mail does not appear. I have to call in to check and often find several messages and no display icon has shown. And the password entry on login to voicemail has failed 4-5 times, and on the next try works. We replaced two 7210's with these 7100i's. My first phone did the same thing, my IT admin swapped mine with hers, (switched cards) and now her 7100i works fine, and mine is now not working right. Nextel suggests battery pull to reset, (Duh!) it fixes the problem short term, but it comes back. The only difference between the two 7100i's is that I use the Nextel redirector and she uses the web client. This cannot be a coincidence.

JGargas
04-17-2006, 11:11 AM
I switched to the 7100i from the 7210 and have had the ringer change as well. For a while the classic ring tone would ring at the same time as the custom tone (bach) would. Also I can't stop the ring at all. Even if I have the phone ring set to "off", the classic ring tone will still work. I have to shut the phone completely off to silence it. Also the screen icon to show that I have voice mail does not appear. I have to call in to check and often find several messages and no display icon has shown. And the password entry on login to voicemail has failed 4-5 times, and on the next try works. We replaced two 7210's with these 7100i's. My first phone did the same thing, my IT admin swapped mine with hers, (switched cards) and now her 7100i works fine, and mine is now not working right. Nextel suggests battery pull to reset, (Duh!) it fixes the problem short term, but it comes back. The only difference between the two 7100i's is that I use the Nextel redirector and she uses the web client. This cannot be a coincidence.
I had the same problem. I reinstalled the software on the phone using the Application Loader, haven't had a problem since.

EHB
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I took several of the 7100 to the repair store for contact disappearing. It's a batch of bad SIMs from Motorola. They swapped them with good SIMs and I was on my way - no charge.

driguez
05-09-2006, 09:03 PM
well the only complaint i have is that while using bb messenger my contact lists disapears ,so icant see the list and cant get it back unless i pull the battery out.

same thing happened to me today

SomeoneElsesDiary
05-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I have two complaints.

1. The ringer is not loud enough
2. The vibration isnt strong enough.

Seems like I am always missing calls because of this. Anyone else having this problem?

BilltheCat
05-10-2006, 03:26 PM
wow. You guys must own a "friday" phone. Mine has been perfect since the start. No issues. Well, maybe just that I keep buying stuff for it!

mrmau
06-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Just to touch on this more - on 3 occasions when my DC call finished my phone kept transmitting. Each time the phone returned to the main menu and the blue tx arrow was NOT present. It looked like the DC call was over. One time I even opened a web page and the phone still kept transmitting. To me this is a MAJOR flaw and I'm considering going back to the square Blackberry.

blk n blu
06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
I have also suffered from a case of the silent ring.No reason. Just stopped. I had to pull battery. Nothing else to report here.

kkozio
10-27-2006, 09:48 AM
I recently repaired the JVM Error 102 - It was not that difficult but now when I get direct connected - the callers name no longer shows up - just their DC number. These are individuals in my phone list.

Some of my past appointments do not show up as well, even though they are still displayed in Outlook.

JulianTReeves
10-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm on 4.1.0.136...

Any ideas?

I have had this problem twice. The first time, I uninstalled MS Office (to clear out Outlook) and the DM software. On reinstall, there was not change - still had the crappy characters as database names.

I discovered that I had installed a DM "service pack" on top of the original DM software (upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1). There were also issues with the English-only DM software and the English + other languages version.

I have resolved it by using the English-only version of DM 4.1 and uninstalling 4.0 before installing 4.1. See if that works for you.

whwilliams
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
The only problem that I have had with the 7100i is that when your call is dropped the phone locks-up and you have to reboot the phone by removing the battery. This seems to be happening more and more.

Also, I have a friend that also has the 7100i and we were travelling down the highway the other day and his phone had service and I didn't not. Figures...

quick99si
11-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Like many other people...

1. Status light doesn't work sometimes
2. Phone doesn't ring
3. Occasional self-reboots
4. NXTL -> x during a phone call
5. Network time is one day and one hour too fast (25hrs)

Adi

Walt
02-19-2007, 09:06 AM
In my calendar, the agenda view has entries going back a year or more. They were removed from Outlook a long time ago yet the BB still shows them. I tried deleting them but I have to do it one at a time and gave up after 30 or 40 of them. Has anyone had this agenda problem? I have the latest software.

Eagles1Eagles
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
I have had the reset out of the blue occur as well as wild signal swings. Most frustrating however is the sudden and permanent failure of the bluetooth capabilities. My first one lasted about a year then two failed inside of a month but now ( knock on wood ) I have had this one for about 4 months. I believe that it may be a physical frailty as it seems to occur a while after a knock. I am running 4.1.0.136.

Has everyone in the country had a massive decline in signal over the past couple of years or is it just in the Northeast corridor?

Also, Has anyone tried the new Sprint/Nextel hybrid and does it help with reception?

Thanks

FitzDuffy
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
The new hybrids do well in the philadelphia suburbs. Our worst area is the plymouth/norristown towers. The towers are overloaded as travelers using the Pa turnpike, philadelphia expresway, and the blue route come through the area. Signal, in generl seems to be getting worse, but its just that the systems are getting busier. As long as I've been with Nextel, I've never had a problem, but like I've said before, I'm a gadget junkie and I always have a new phone. If you beat on anything, it works less......

I can't get the calander to delete appointments on its own either. I just delete them as i dismiss them.

Vvizz
02-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Am using the latest software available for the 7100.

A few days ago my devicec decide to sstop functionning. The screen freezes, the keypad doesn't work. i can only go from one screen to the next by pressing the esc key and the wheel at the same time. To top it up i can't find anyone in australia to help me.

Am desperate so if anyone can help me it would b gr8.
Thanks!

Walt
02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I couldn't enter my password when on speakerphone either until I upgraded my 7100i firmware

charles595
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Since the sofware upgrade, my battery on my 7100i won't charge passed 85%. I looked all over the forum for help, but nothing seems to work. This is my second battery and third phone with the upgrade and i get the same problem. Before the upgrade, my battery charged all the way to 100%. I tried to drain the battery and then recharge it. I tried to charge it from the wall charger and from the computer. Nothing! Any suggestions?

mfaucher
02-23-2007, 02:26 PM
uncaught exception
Process
net_rim_bb_phone_app(33)killed due to message queue overflow

Happens at end of sync...anyone know?

dgreene502
02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I have two issues that REALLY bug me....

1. After having the JVM 102 crash, I wiped and downloaded the 4.2 software. Then used desktop manager to restore and sync. I only get to 163 of 489 address book entries before desktop manager declares that the outlook 03 or backup data isn't compatable. Major bummer. I have updated all the mentioned software.

2. Did you ever THINK you hung up a phone, and 15 minutes later you find out the phone is still transmitting to the caller and WON'T hang up until the battery is pulled. I suggest everybody watch out for this one, as it can bite you hard in work and personal relationships!!! :)

dgreene502
02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
I have two issues that REALLY bug me....

1. After having the JVM 102 crash, I wiped and downloaded the 4.2 software. Then used desktop manager to restore and sync. I only get to 163 of 489 address book entries before desktop manager declares that the outlook 03 or backup data isn't compatable. Major bummer. I have updated all the mentioned software.

2. Did you ever THINK you hung up a phone, and 15 minutes later you find out the phone is still transmitting to the caller and WON'T hang up until the battery is pulled? I suggest everybody watch out for this one, as it can bite you hard in work and personal relationships!!! :)

I would greatly appreciate help on the address book issue.....

cminNPI
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I keep getting a unit that all of a sudden slows down to the point where I can't even scroll between the icons on the primary screen. This is using 4.1.0.376.

I have also noticed that my BB Messenger is rediculously slow when I type (not at the same time as other people, just to initiate a conversation).

I have also noticed that with my extended battery everything works fine, but if it dies (such as I forget to charge it) and I use my OEM standard battery my LED settings reset to default (normally I have the LED turned off to save power).

My total calls timer is over 76 hours, I guess it might be time to suck it up and upgrade :-(

Dawg
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I keep getting a unit that all of a sudden slows down to the point where I can't even scroll between the icons on the primary screen. This is using 4.1.0.376.

I have also noticed that my BB Messenger is rediculously slow when I type (not at the same time as other people, just to initiate a conversation).

I have also noticed that with my extended battery everything works fine, but if it dies (such as I forget to charge it) and I use my OEM standard battery my LED settings reset to default (normally I have the LED turned off to save power).

My total calls timer is over 76 hours, I guess it might be time to suck it up and upgrade :-(

what theme and other programs do you have on the device?