PDA

View Full Version : Tmobile contract is up, what do I do?

dandelos
03-24-2009, 03:49 AM
I've been using my Pearl for the last 2 years, and besides needing to replace the internal earpiece speaker once recently, I love the phone. My Tmo contract is pretty much up so I'm considering my options right now. I really like the Bold, but Tmo's not going to ever have it, apparently. Not too keen about the Storm, everyone tells me it's slow. The Curve looke like the next best upgrade, but there doesn't really seem to be anything spectacular about it to me. Also, by the time I'm 1/4 of the way into my new 2-year contract, there'll probably be a couple new phone options and I'll be kicking myself.

Switching to ATT is an option, but only as a very last resort, especially because I enjoy using Tmo's fave 5 feature with some of my family members.

Should I wait (and for what)? Should I go (and for what)?

:?

zocster
03-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Wirelessly posted

Hmm does tmo have the flip I would personally go down that way next pearl flip that is I just love SureType

jeremyckitching
03-24-2009, 04:22 AM
If you don't want to get in to another contract you could always purchase a device at retail price. That way if something comes along that really interests you, then you won't be locked in a contract.

ezrunner
03-24-2009, 05:57 AM
Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

The 8900 is a very nice device!

There will be multiple new BB's later this year might be worth waiting

ndub33
03-24-2009, 07:37 AM
If you are happy with your current carrier, stick around with them for a few months. As ez said, there will be some new releases.

takeshi
03-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Don't switch carriers solely for a new device. If you're happy with TMO then stick with them. If you're looking at other carriers then assess them first based on coverage where you need it.

Also, by the time I'm 1/4 of the way into my new 2-year contract, there'll probably be a couple new phone options and I'll be kicking myself.
This will always be the case. It's not really an argument for or against any particular model.

dasunst3r
03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I'd advise going month-to-month on T-Mobile unless there's a compelling reason to upgrade. That is, sign a new contract when (1) A non-repairable part of your Pearl is starting to act up, (2) A new device comes out with a feature you really want, or (3) You get some sort of "loyalty rate."

TeritaM
03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Wirelessly posted

If I were you I'd go and buy a flip off CraigsList or eBay since you already like the Pearl function. You can find one in excellent to like new condition relatively cheaper than if you went and paid full price for the 8900.

dandelos
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys for all your suggestions and feedback! I am satisfied with Tmo's coverage and service, so I guess I'll stand pat for now going month-to-month with them.

A couple of you mentioned the flip Pearl -- I'm a little bit biased against flip-phones (my last 2 phones were Motorola flip phones and they died pretty quickly). How is the flip Pearl much more superior to the Pearl 8100?